Show All Results
Associate Manager Sourcing
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the continuity of material supply to the Delivery Systems and Services Business, by managing buying/planning activities to ensure optimal inventory/purchasing levels and continuous supply of material. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing supply strategies. An in depth understanding of Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) and materials management systems is required for this position. The individual will be responsible for driving continuous improvement with suppliers to achieve objectives.
- Supplier management, purchasing, and coordination of material flow to meet customer requirements and profitability objectives
Develop, monitor, and pursue tactical initiatives/projects with suppliers that meet goals on inventory management
- Communication of key information regarding material cost, delivery, and availability
- Develops and summarizes forecasts of anticipated demand using historical data and sales trends, business plans, sales and marketing forecasts, and customer projections for assigned products
- Reorder point (ROP) maintenance and analysis
- Supplier contract and sourcing development with emphasis on cost improvement
- Identification and qualification of new suppliers to meet changing business needs.
- Monitor and communicate supplier performance (supplier ratings and meetings)
- Proactive inventory management including inventory reductions and inventory turns
- Work with suppliers for resolution of issues for Supplier Non-Conformances
- Participates in the evaluation and recommendation of product disposition for timeline to deplete the inventory and/or obsolescence of product being discontinued or phased-out
- Responsible for data integrity within SAP for assigned materials
- Embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Stay up to date on company needs/goals, market conditions and trends, commodities, suppliers, quality, and service to support department and company financial and quality objectives as well as New Product Introductions (NPI) and S&OP processes
- Travel 15%
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in supply chain, logistics, or operations management or similar field
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain management
- Certification in APICS or ISM preferred
- SAP experience (or comparable ERP system) and progressive supply chain management experience in Forecasting/Demand Planning, Purchasing, Sourcing, or Materials Management
- Knowledge of computerized forecasting, planning, and purchasing techniques
- Strong organizational and analytical skills including Excel
- Proactive and results oriented
- Independent problem solving/decision making
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html