Show All Results
Controls System Specialist I - D Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Controls System Specialist will focus on the maintenance and continuous improvement of automated production equipment. The Controls System Specialist will also provide technical support for the engineering department with the execution of change controls, OQ/IQ protocols, and other related actions.
- Support operations from a controls perspective to sustain day to day production
- Utilize a strong understanding of PLC programming, industrial networking, and electrical and controls systems to ensure the operability of existing production machines (PLC-Based, Rockwell)
- Create complex PLC programs and make changes to existing programs to accomplish this function by utilizing proper change control format
- Provide guidance and support for the safe installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of electrical control systems, including components of machinery and equipment
- Observe all regulatory requirements GMPs, ISO, and internal policies
- Support daily maintenance of production equipment both mechanically, pneumatically, and electrically
- Drive risk-based decision making, add value to projects, and work with support networks to complete projects and drive safety improvements
- Install and maintain PLCs, Servo motors and drives, HMIs, robotic assembly equipment, mechanical components, etc.
- Carry out and/or finish the design of engineering projects
- Evaluate and optimize Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities
- Assess critical spare parts and exchange intervals, provide suggestions for failure proofing applications, and maintain safe inventory levels of components necessary to the operation
- Perform intermediate level troubleshooting pertaining to but not limited to PLC, AC drives, DC drives, HMI’s, pneumatics, servomotors, and Robotics and other control systems
- Other duties as assigned
- D Shift: Friday – Sunday 6:00am – 6:00pm
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience with Electro-Mechanical process/equipment design and troubleshooting
- 3+ years of mechanical, machine tool, maintenance, and/or equipment repair experience
- Experience in the definition, design, development, and implementation of production control systems for advanced technology facilities
- Experience working knowledge of the following Microsoft applications, Access, SQL, SQL Express, Studio, Studio Express
- Experience working in PLC Programming, Motion Control, and HMI experience, with an in-depth knowledge of Rockwell Software, including RS Logix 5000 and Studio 5000 RSLinx Classic/Enterprise, FactoryTalk Administrator Console, FactoryTalk Activation Manager, FactoryTalk View, and Transaction Manager
- PLC 2/3 – DOS based ladder logic, PLC 5 – DOS/Windows-based ladder logic, PLC 500 – Windows-based ladder logic – RSLogix500, function Block Programming
- Experience with Siemens S5 & S7, Siemens WinCC, Telemecanique, GE controllers, Mitsubishi, Modicon, Red Lion
- Experience and ability to become a Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW) and mentor others
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Aptitude to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings and P&ID’s
- Experience with Microsoft products, and basic CAD drawing
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Experience in a commercial medical, biotechnology, and Bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Detailed knowledge of NFPA 79, ISO 13849-1, ANSI-95
- Experience with OSI-Pi Data historian products
- Strong time management skills to multitask, meeting short- and long-term deadlines
- Able to self-motivate and direct toward individual milestones as part of team projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate across disciplines
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html