Show All Results
Scientist 1 - Molecular
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Perform analysis of testing performed for a specific lab within Biologics.
The Scientist will perform/ oversee a wide variety of safety testing required to manufacture clinical and commercial products. The Scientist will provide technical support to Molecular Operations lab within Biologics. The Scientist is responsible for making observations and ensuring all documentation is in compliance with procedures and regulations.
- Provides day to day technical support to the laboratory
- Performs analysis and interpretation of data in timely fashion
- Maintains high level knowledge of lab procedures and assays and is regarded as a subject matter expert (SME)
- May serve as study director and ensures timely initiation and completion of all studies
- Prepares/ reviews protocols and final reports
- Ensures testing is performed in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) for custom/non-routine and new services
- Responsible for resolving deviations/ completing event investigations
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departmental areas to close the events and corrective actions identified during GxP laboratory testing
- Responsible for creating revising SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation
- Provide technical advice and support for internal and external interactions such as client and regulatory audits/inspections, meetings, teleconferences
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within Biologics; act as champion on initiatives and/or projects to drive improvement in quality and / or client service
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.) with 1 + years of working experience in laboratory setting -OR-
- Master’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.) with 2+ years of working experience in a laboratory setting -OR-
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.) with 5+ years of working experience in a laboratory setting – OR –
- 10+ years of working experience in a laboratory setting
- Relevant working knowledge and laboratory experience in the area of executing and overseeing technical projects and/or related studies in Molecular Biology, specifically utilizing QPCR, ddPCR and Sanger sequencing
- Previous experience working in GMP/GLP environment
- Highly technically competent and is considered a scientific leader in a particular scientific area
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, implementation of new services, etc.
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative
- Intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html