Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is seeking a Supervisor for its MEGASYS® team at Santa Clara, CA. The Supervisor will lead all aspects of technicians working on systems that maintain supply of chemicals to a semiconductor manufacturing environment that makes the chips used in electronic devices such as Smart Phones, LED's, and Flat Screen TV's. This is a meaningful, hands-on, exciting job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business!
MEGASYS® is the branded name for EMD Electronics services offering where EMD Electronics technicians and engineers provide on-site gas and chemical/slurry management on an ongoing contractual basis. MEGASYS® personnel are assigned on a full-time basis ranging from 7 day / 24-hour coverage to periodic service calls. The scope of supply includes services maintaining the operation, and repair of gas distribution equipment; bulk liquid gases management, gas blending equipment; life safety systems, and first responder services. They will ensure compliance in operation and procedures, emergency preparedness, and drive flawless execution.
This role is responsible for coordinating and supporting total gas and chemical management project, operations scheduling, execution, and completion activities and is a key customer interface for all operations, along with project-related and special requests.
- Drives safety-first culture with constant safety messages, communications, and team interaction to meet ZERO targets in safety and quality performance. Supervise BSP safety processes/requirements for shifts and assigned employees (spot checks).
- Drives a continuous improvement culture of making operational changes based on site needs and critical metrics. Responsible for implementing change across shifts; inspires change notification and compliance of changes across shifts.
- Works with other department interactions. Provides backup vacation relief in the absence of peers.
- Shift change responsibility reinforcement; ensures flawless handoff from shift-to-shift ensuring accurate communication on customer expectations and project deadlines.
- Main customer contact for all Operations and project activities. Drives accurate completion of all sustaining activities, maintaining ZERO gas or chemical interruptions.
- Communicates customer activity, such as reporting on delayed service requests, equipment reset status, and action item list completion.
- Trains and certifies technicians to attain the level of proficiency required to perform service in each of the skill areas according to the scope of work.
- Completes preventative and corrective maintenance and takes ownership of non-conforming events database (MAXIMO). Maintains online systems to address operational concerns in a timely manner reducing the amount of downtime.
- Performs 8D investigations with the use of the 8D problem-solving format. Conducts root cause investigations, develops and closes action items.
- Monitors and reports on any equipment or service excursion and performs appropriate escalation to customer.
- Maintains online shift schedule, supervises all attendance and performance-related issues, and delivers employee feedback as recommended or required.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ year of experience in an Engineering, or Gas and Chemical manufacturing environment
- 1+ year of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related field
- Previous semiconductor experience
- Solid understanding of gas and chemical systems and SEMI construction standards
- Previous project management experience in fast-paced field
- Previous experience in MAXIMO or other maintenance database systems
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html