Show All Results
Controller, Semiconductor Materials
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
China Controlling Semiconductor Materials
The position will support our global business within the Semiconductor Materials Business Unit in China. This position will report to the Head of Semiconductor Materials Controlling and will support key operational, strategic and financial business projects across the business functions.
The location can be in Shanghai or Jiangsu province. The production site is located in Zhang Jiagang.
Key tasks include:
- This role will partner with sales, marketing, operations and supply chain to provide financial analysis and analytical support to facilitate decision making
- The role will be the financial lead in our greenfield production project in China, tasks will include mid-term strategic and day to day Site Controlling activities when production has been set
- Monthly management reporting and advisory to Head of China Semiconductor Materials
- Financial lead forecasting, budgeting and monthly operational analysis of the Commercial performance
- Support financial China business strategy development, profitability improvement efforts, customer profitability measures, capital budgeting and planning efforts
- Support of key projects with robust financial analysis to support business cases
Who you are:
- Bachelor degree required (Finance or MBA preferred)
- Over 8 years Controlling/Finance experience in Production/Commercial Controlling
- Excellent financial analysis skills. Strong business acumen and judgment, and current knowledge of company markets/products and industry trends.
- Experience with Capex projects and financial set-up of new production site
- Experience in Production/Site Controlling (planning, budgeting, day to day operations)
- Excellent strategic thinking and business analysis, financial planning and reporting skills that generate business insights that add measurable value
- Demonstrated proficiency in operational and cash flow project analysis
- Advanced project management capabilities, problem-solving skills
- Passion for working in an international environment with global peers
- Ability to navigate financial systems and tools (SAP, TM1 experience preferred)
- Advanced interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), and presentation skills.
- In all points - represents and lives the company values in each and every aspect and acting as a role model for his/her team.
- Electronics Market Knowledge, international exposure.
- Experience in working in multinational companies and cross-functional matrix organizational
Functional Area: Finance
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html