Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
BANGALORE HIRING -Specialist in “Business Development and Marketing Analysis”
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Specialist will work with “Production Materials - Chemistry” portfolio.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The position will liaise with Product Managers of Production Material - Chemistry to execute various tasks pertaining to Product Insights, Competitor Cross-reference, Research trend Analysis, market analysis, Analytics, Digital marketing initiatives like SEO. PDP optimizations and the more.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The responsibilities will include, but not limited to-
- Research and gather product-specific data and information from various scientific databases, peer-reviewed journals, and public repositories to curate content for the PDPs and content pages on www.sigmaaldrich.com
- Liaising with product managers, execute on SEM strategies for the portfolio, optimizing content on PDP according to SEO good practice guidelines, analyzing and bridging web data gaps.
- Evaluate and optimize improvement of web data to continually improve product visibility, conversion, and to enhance our customers’ online search experience
- Support product scout, cross-reference, competitive landscaping, and product ideation activities.
- Generate reports and dashboards based on web analytics/content audit tool and data to identify trends and elicit product performance insights.
- Contribute to company/department operations and process improvement efforts.
Master’s degree in life science, ideally in Organic chemistry, Material Science
- 3-4 years’ industrial experience in life science chemistry (Chemical Production, operations, product management, marketing) would be preferred.
- Experience in scientific content writing, product marketing, business development, technical support or some combination thereof is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze scientific and market data to gather actionable insights
Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Digital Acumen - Proficient in digital marketing fundamentals, Web analytics and search engine optimization (SEO), advanced ability to use appropriate keywords to acquire relevant search results with no guidance, Marketing content creation and curation
- Data Analytics – System & tools handling big data experience preferred
- Understanding of key competitors within the life science market
- Demonstrated ability to analyze market data to gather actionable insights
- Basic experience in Project Management will be an advantage
- Strong understanding of scientific concepts, research experiments and extensive scientific literature searches with minimum guidance.
- Understand the trending research areas from sources like Google Scholar, high-tier journals and NCBI with minimum guidance
- Usage/Awareness of SciFinder, ChemDraw tools and PubMed is a plus
- Use of Google Scholar search leading to original research publications, and fishing out the tools of interest & related ones
- Quest to read Scientific papers, understand, assimilate, and record the findings in Shared drives (Team)
- Excellent oral and written communication with members of the team; and with external and internal stakeholders
- Strong writing skills with a proven track record of producing high-quality scientific content.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools – MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Basic supply chain knowledge and ability to learn ERP systems
- General product lifecycle management - Product discontinuation & New product data setup support to Bulk teams
- Proficient in interpersonal skills
- Basic proficiency in problem solving, planning and execution
- Business acumen and customer orientation
- Should possess multi-tasking abilities
- Proficient in high impact communication
- Imbibe the spirit of our organisation culture
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
This position is office based and operates from Shared Business Services office of our organisation KGAa at our Bengaluru location
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html