Show All Results
Sr. Data Scientist
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Data Science team within the Bioinformatics Department extensively uses advanced analytics, machine learning, and deep learning models to create business and scientific value from data. We solve life science-oriented business and scientific problems across global R&D teams. We see our projects through the entire data science lifecycle, from problem definition and data exploration to modeling, analysis, and deployment to production servers. We maintain a close partnership with other IT groups to ensure that our models can be deployed and monitored.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be a member of this diverse and highly skilled team. You will be exploring new datasets with business partners, learning the complexity of business needs, building models, and coordinating the deployment of your models. You will work in a highly collaborative, team environment with a growth mindset where you will be exposed to a wide range of new methods and best practices for performing data science. You will be responsible for presenting data, models, software systems, results, and conclusions to stakeholders.
Who you are:
- A Masters or PhD in bioinformatics, statistics, engineering, life science, computer science, or mathematics-intensive discipline
- Experience in programming. Familiar with Python or other data-oriented programming languages such as R
- Experience in applying mathematics and/or data science to life science projects
- Hands-on experience with statistics, data analysis, machine learning, and deep learning models in life science or related field with strong knowledge in the mathematical background of the models
- Familiar with data science concepts such as supervised & unsupervised learning, natural language processing (NLP), image analysis, dimensionality reduction, and/or design of experiments.
- Interested in learning new technologies and creative problem solver
- Familiar with machine learning and deep learning packages.
- Ability to automate data processing, modeling, and service delivery
- Familiar with database schema including RDBMS (e.g., MySQL) and NO-SQL (e.g., MongoDB)
- Documentation and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a multi-cultural working environment
Functional Area: Information Technology
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html