Show All Results
Senior Engineer - Mechanical Integrity
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Senior Engineer – Mechanical Integrity in Sheboygan Falls, WI you will be responsible for being the lead resource on Process Safety Management Mechanical Integrity for critical assets at the Sheboygan Falls, WI facility. You will have full responsibility and accountability from identifying problems to implementing multi-discipline solutions and programs. This will involve working in a team setting with colleagues in a high growth environment. Job duties include:
• Adhere to our company standard framework for Mechanical Integrity
• Willingness to lead and establish new processes and programs within a fast-paced growth environment
• Approve or determine changes to ITPM (Inspections, Testing and Preventive Maintenance)
• Work with Subject Matter Experts onsite to best determine such metrics for ITPM
• Ensure ASME, API, NFPA or other RAGAGEP are included as part of newly developed Mechanical Integrity program
• Support and develop risk-based inspection (RBI) methods
• Establish, develop, or maintain list of 3rd party inspectors, repairers, and contractors with documented qualifications as part of MI program requirements
• Manage internal stakeholders and report to management with full transparency on project or program status with respect to safety, budget, schedule, scope, and risks
• Procure necessary consultants, contractors, equipment, and materials to support capital projects or mechanical integrity developments
• Support corporate capital expenditure budgets in the range of $25MM to $300MM
• Manage and coordinate construction projects as needed, which vary in complexity and scope
Who You Are:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other engineering discipline
• 5+ years of work experience in a chemical production facility
• 5+ years of experience with mechanical integrity and PSM in a chemical processing facility
• Proven track record of working in large matrix organization environments with various stakeholders
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMI PMP) or ability to obtain within one year
• PE License
• Strong knowledge of formal project management processes and tools, and the ability to utilize these tools to initiate, manage, and close complex projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and meeting management skills
• Ability to understand and provide direction to assure compliance with the policies, codes, standards, and regulations
• Strong knowledge of OSHA PSM 1910.119
• Established track record with standards, implementation of standards and tracking performance as it relates to PSM Mechanical Integrity or equipment reliability for process piping, vessels, relief valves, heat exchangers, pumps, or other critical assets
• Collaborative and growth-oriented
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html