Show All Results
Project Engineer I
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Merck Capex Team requires a Project Engineer (contractor) to be based on-site at Tullagreen Co. Cork.
The project engineer will provide engineering support in developing new or improving existing equipment and/or process related activities and responsibilities.
- Perform project management tasks for small to medium scale projects involving either new or existing equipment
- Assist in determining the budget to support requirements
- Evaluate or assist in evaluating technology necessary to support requirements
- Propose options to Management/Customer/Stakeholders
- Provide technical support for projects
- Support and/or develop and execute equipment or process related validations in accordance with IML requirements, processes and procedures
- Assist in negotiation with equipment suppliers
- Utilize necessary project tools, i.e. URS, Microsoft Project, etc. to manage projects successfully
- Develop the necessary equipment, process and product knowledge to be recognised as a local expert.
- Measure/evaluate equipment efficiencies, downtime and assist in the development of maintenance requirements
- Propose and implement improvement projects that improve compliance, improve efficiencies, yields or throughputs
- Define root cause and implement solutions to equipment and process related non-conformances utilising the NCMR and CAPA processes
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements
- Ensure effective closure on quality system documents (Audit Action, NCR’s, CAPA’s, Maps, etc.)
- Implementation of safety/environment requirements on purchase and changes of all new and existing equipment.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Candidates must have proven experience of working as a project engineer on multiple manufacturing projects.
- Candidates should be educated to degree level as a minimum.
- Knowledge of standard industry practices, procedures and safety measures is essential.
- Candidates must be excellent communicators, able to lead and focus a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- The successful candidate will have strong leadership and communication skills, including the ability to challenge and work with other technical engineers and project stakeholders.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html