Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Reporting to the Filtration 2.0 Laboratory Project Supervisor, the Laboratory Analyst is a key member of the analytical laboratory project team, working on several projects including test method validation, equipment validation, training and developing, laboratory processes SOP development, technical transfer through to commercialization in our new Blarney manufacturing facility.
Duties will include:
- Development and validation of Laboratory Test Methods
- Support Equipment qualification across the different laboratories
- Collaboration on the preparation and execution of the Project Validation Master Plan and ensuring it is compliant with the relevant regulatory and Merck Millipore quality standards.
- Preparation validation and related documentation, including protocols, SOPSs, Management procedures, etc.
- Train on laboratory procedures and develop onboarding plans for future analysts.
- Lead analytical method development/troubleshooting for the project laboratory groups.
- Validation of laboratory equipment, software, spread sheets and methods.
- Ensuring compliance of the laboratory projects to all applicable quality, regulatory and Pharmacopoeia requirements as well as all relevant divisional and corporate requirements.
- Provide technical support to technical transfer and validation groups.
- Ensure laboratory project timelines are adhered to and timelines are communicated with the Lab Supervisor.
- Ensure protocols, reports, test methods and quality documentation are drafted and in place and in use in accordance with the required standards
- Thorough investigation of Quality and EHS issues using Root Cause Analysis methodology and implementation of robust corrective and preventative actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Other duties as required
Who You Are
- BSc in Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years practical work experience in a Medical Device/Pharmaceutical environment.
- Strong background laboratory techniques
- Experience in LIMS, Trackwise, MES and SAP an advantage
- Experience in test method or equipment validation
- Thorough, practical, and persistent self-starter
- Experience in technical transfers would be an advantage
- Lean Six Sigma Training (Yellow Belt, Blue Belt etc) an advantage
- Communication skills, good computer literacy, Good problem-solving skills
This role involves travel abroad, in some cases for extended periods.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html