Show All Results
Lead Expert Cyber Security (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Your role: As a member of the Sector Cyber Security team, you will consult and support cyber security operations among our Healthcare business units and sites to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability across the company’s IT and OT assets as well as on software-based products, and applications. Your main task is to ensure that cyber security policies, standards, controls, and regulatory requirements are accurately understood and implemented. You will implement and maintain technical and non-technical cybersecurity controls within BMAs (Business Managed Applications) and IT-Managed Applications for commercial sites, as well as in the manufacturing, QC, and R&D LABs areas. Examples of non-technical controls: you work with Corporate teams to embed security in asset procurement, and support sites when planning the Plant Maintenances to guarantee security processes are applied.
You will work together with global IT and OT Cybersecurity teams in a matrix organization and with OT Cyber Security Managers. Together with the IT/OT Security Architects, you will plan, deliver and document security architecture solutions and projects within the given Business Function. You will drive the OT threat handling process and govern OT and IT threat analysis. You will support OT security programs within Business Functions and contribute to the delivery and maintenance of OT security posture, policies, controls, and processes. You will coordinate and help during Audits & Compliance checks. You will help handle the exception processes in OT. You will perform risk assessments and consult for risk management principles and participate in a Cyber Security Incidence Response Team (CSIRT) to cover major information security incidents on a sector-wide level. You will be responsible for the development of cybersecurity awareness and training curricula and will ensure OT security training and awareness programs are defined and implemented.
Who you are:
- Strong leadership and managerial skills including the validated ability to influence peer-level stakeholders. Working experience with both technology and business leadership.
- Ability to analyze security issues, handle conflicting priorities, and recommend a course of action from both technical and business perspectives.
- Experience as a technical OT security professional with profound knowledge of ICS (Industrial Control Systems), preferably pharma or life-science industry.
- Professional designations/certifications such as Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP), Certified SCADA Security Architect (CSSA), or similar are highly appreciated.
- Experience with security risk management frameworks based on industry standards (e.g., ISO27005, NIST, IEC 62443, Namur, ENISA, BSI) and regulations (e.g., GDPR).
- Proficient in English, and additional language skills (e.g., German) are considered an advantage.
- Information security proficiency through professional designation/certifications, such as CISSP, IISP, CRISC, CCSP, CISA, or CISM.
- The position is open in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
Salary starting from 3000 EUR gross, depending on relevant experience.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html