Show All Results
Principal MES Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma has an exciting opportunity available for Principal Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) Engineer (MES Lead). This roles will be located in Sheboygan Falls, WI. The MES Lead is responsible for new technology development of software and hardware solutions, enhancements driven by lifecycle and application management, involvement in tech transfer and implementations of existing manufacturing technology solutions. The MES Lead works under the guidance of the Plant Process Engineering and Operations. The MES Lead does not make technical decisions but will facilitate those decisions with subject matter and technical experts.
- Coordinate and support Production MES implementation, improve quality and yield, reduction in manual data collection and analysis activities
- Provide MES execution/implemention leadership and mentor to production personnel.
- Optimize production workflow to achieve operational goals and objectives.
- Develop or enhance Most Effective Technology (MET) solution components to meet production requirements.
- Establish work instructions and SOP if necessary, and work independently.
- Support manufacturing with MES failure analysis, testing support, reduction of intermittent failures and downtime of test equipment and machines.
- Execute projects following the existing project work process and methodology, and work in partnership with MilliporeSigma Information Systems (IS) organization, commercial product vendors, and the businesses.
- Understand concept of earned value, and the work process deliverables that are required in each phase of the project. Apply cost performance index and schedule performance index.
- Identify resource needs, secure resources, and maintain project data in management database and the SAP System
- Work in partnership with IS and IT/OT organization for server and network hardware and systems.
- Maximize value of a given project by minimizing investment capital and operating cost and maximizing asset utilization and product quality.
- Create value for businesses by applying Process Automation core capabilities to optimize existing processes / technologies.
- Minimize project cycle time by efficient use of resources, effective communication and innovative approaches
- Work across multiple businesses to reach consensus on priorities and value enablers.
- Work with Process engneers to identify work and to set and track budget.
- Understand architecture and architectural impacts by working in partnership with Process Automation Expertise Area Leaders.
- Strategic Impact
- Provide engineering/manufacturing support on MES related projects within the site from initiation through start-up and closure.
- Develop and implement solutions to internal customer requests and opportunities.
- Provide technical support for other departments in the form of system design, training or process improvement.
- Perform duties at an elevated degree of professionalism, independence and sense of ownership
Scope of People Responsibility:
Accountable for successful implementation, maintanance, and upgrade of Manufacturing execution systems. Receives minimal guidance or works independently. Serve as best practice resource within own discipline or as technical expert on crossfunctional teams or projects.
- Sponsors and heads of production and laboratory units.
- Head of Inorganics, Organics and Solvents Strategy
- Head of Operational Excellence
- Operations and Site Management
- Group Functions Management and Staff
- Compliance, Quality and EHS Colleagues
- IT, HR, Procurement
- Design, Engineering and consulting firms
- Local Authorities
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science is required in an Engineering or other Science discipline, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing, developing and implementing MES systems
- 5 or more years of experience in project execution / management is required
- MS degree in Engineering or MBA desirable.
- 3 or more years of experience in process automation/MES or vertical integration
- Experience with AspenTech Manufacturing Suite, OSI-PI or similar is highly preferable.
- Hands-on engineering experience with process equipment, improvement, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of SOP-98 is preferred.
- Project management certification is preferred.
- Understanding of SDLC, Agile/SCRUM preferred
- Knowledge of ISA-95 standard is preferred
- Chemistry and Material Science knowledge
- Manufacturing and plant process experience is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to participate as part of a team
- Liquid and/or solid product processing and/or packaging experience is a plus.
- Project management knowledge is strongly preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Effective scientific problem-solving skills
- Effective ability to interact with customers, contractors, and co-workers in a productive manner
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to monitor and understand control systems
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html