Show All Results
Senior Validation Quality Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will be in responsible for developing and executing equipment and process validation projects with a quality focus and risk based approach. You will interact on a daily basis and develop strong relationships with Operations, Quality, Process Engineering, Planning, and other key internal/external stakeholders ( R&D, Supply Chain, etc.)
Responsible for design transfer validation of New Product Introduction (NPI) to manufacturing at MilliporeSigma Danvers, MA site.
- Generate and execute validation protocols (Feasibility, OQ, PQ, PPQ) for various raw materials, fixtures and equipment’s.
- Develop validation strategy, protocols, and reports with a risk-based approach in alignment with the established critical process controls for product validation, process validation, and applicable validation activities.
- Perform and facilitate raw material change and new equipment risk assessments.
- Manage project schedules with strict adherence to critical milestones to ensure quality and security of supply to EMD Millipore customers
- Coach and mentor new and junior members of the team.
- Lead all validation involving design transfer of New Product Introduction
- Lead in building quality related infrastructure, & instruments including preparation of URS, System Risk Assessment, and subsequent validation
- Lead in troubleshooting
- Proactively identifying risks and opportunities through a variety of surveillance activities including trending of non-conformance events
- Lead in implementing change and improvement solutions across cross- functional teams
- Lead product risk assessment activities through application of a working knowledge of applicable standards and tools such as (application, design, process) FMEAs and FTA.
- Lead by addressing lessons learned and reviewing complaint data in support of development, modification and improvement of design processes and quality management system
- Lead process validation by generating Validation Master Plan (VMP), IQ, OQ and PQ protocols and reports.
- Perform and facilitate raw material change and new equipment risk assessments and validation.
- Develop validation strategy, protocols, and reports with a risk-based approach in alignment with the established critical process controls (CTQ, CQA, CPP) for product validation, process validation, and applicable validation activities.
- Review the Change Control system to determine the impact of proposed changes to the qualification status of equipment and processes.
- Generate CTQ monitoring data for equipment and processes
- Lead in troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
Who You Are:
- 5+ years validation experience handling of multiple projects within the biopharma, biotech or medical device industries.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or equivalent
- Full understanding of product, equipment and process validation
- Demonstrated capability of applying risk management concepts and tools
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and the application of quality system standards
- Experienced at working in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (internal/external)
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience with GMPs, GCPs, GLPs, GAMP and Part 11 compliance as they relate to qualification of systems in support of validation of processes
- Experienced with Quality & GxP IT compliance requirements
- ASQ Quality Engineer Certification (CQE)
- Six Sigma Certification
- Quality by Design
- Applied/industrial statistics experience
- Detailed Knowledge of GMP, ISO and FDA design and development quality requirements
- Knowledge of aseptic processingSRM
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html