Show All Results
Research Account Manager - Field Base
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Account Manager is a field-based role reporting to the Regional Director. In this role you will focus on achieving sales and expense goals as well as strategic objectives and customer satisfaction for a specific set of accounts assigned within your territory of Boston and the surrounding area. Devising and carrying out business plans and strategies to protect, expand, and grow existing account sales are key for success. Territories may expand to meet business needs.
- Consistent on achieving sales targets established by the Sales Director
- Plan accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates, plus monthly reports as requested on a timely basis
- Efficiently manage territory through planned coverage and interaction with key account stakeholders: end users, procurement, and key opinion leaders
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and apply this knowledge in a manner that will enable him/her to contribute to our products and services, to promote and a high level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the Corporation, upholding Company core values at all times
- Schedule and implement seminars, product shows and pricing promotions within the defined territory
- Handle the overall distribution relationship within the territory to include - but not limited to – high impact activities (ROA), business reviews and training
- Manage effective pricing strategies such as contracts and customer specific pricing (CSP’s): Renewals, negotiations, and implementations
- Travel in the Boston area up to 60% as vital by vehicle
- Overnight travel 5-10%
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or Business
- 2+ years direct sales and/or marketing management experience in the life sciences market
- Masters or PhD degree with laboratory experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets preferably with business-to-business sales experience.
- Solid technical understanding and demonstrable business competence
- Prior work experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at territory level and account level
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience
- Relevant business sense to the Life Science market
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software in a business environment
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and or options
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results
- Sales competency which includes selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for Cell Biology, Molecular Biology and Protein Research
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues and customer issues
- Demonstration of good presentation skills as related to distributor training, strategy meeting and POA’s. (Plan of Action)
- Excellent time management skills in implementing and completing successful plans of action that balance your sales activities with customer needs, distribution needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, interdivisional activities as well as Area/Divisional needs
- Consistent track record of Account Management skills including knowledge of Purchasing Departments, ability to maintain and grow top labs in key accounts
- Proven ability to identify, drive and close sales employing a Technical and Tactical Consultative approach
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html