Show All Results
Scientist 1 - Viral Production
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scientist 1 to join our global virus production team based in Rockville, Maryland. As Scientist you will have global exposure, reporting to the manager global virus production within the VC value stream.
You will have a high level of autonomy in overseeing scheduling and acting as study director / responsible scientist in the conduct of GLP / GMP virus productions. As subject matter expert in your area responsibilities will include providing scientific support to the laboratory staff, assisting with performance of laboratory procedures, maintenance of study records, including deviation records and monitoring release and levels of virus stocks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides day to day technical support to the laboratory
- Maintain high level knowledge of lab procedures and is regarded as a subject matter expert (SME)
- Scheduling virus growths to meet global demand
- Ensuring all consumables and reagents are available in advance of virus initiation
- Compliance of virus productions under the principles of GxP
- Review production data for accuracy, adherence to compliance and completeness
- Resolution of deviations / completing event investigations
- Conduct thorough scientific investigations to determine the root cause for each deviation and nonconformance.
- Stay current with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Creating / revising SOPs, laboratory records, risk assessments and other related documentation
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Lead local / global projects and improvement initiatives within the department
- Assist in audits as required and address findings in a timely manner
- Performs training of laboratory personnel as needed / assigned
- Some global travel may be required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as appropriate or required
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Virology, etc.) with 1+ years of working experience in laboratory setting -OR-
- Master’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Virology, etc.) with 2+ years of working experience in laboratory setting -OR-
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Virology, etc.) with 5+ years of working experience in laboratory setting
- Highly, technically competent
- Intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Effective coaching and training skills
- Previous experience working in GMP/GLP environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html