Show All Results
Lead Process Development Engineer
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This position is within the Process Development group located in Carlsbad, CA. The Lead Process Development Engineer works hands-on in an engineering development laboratory to optimize and develop purification, packaging, and returned container processing operations for new organosilicon and organometallic products under active development.
The Lead Process Development Engineer will design and operate, with technical assistance from other employees, pilot scale purification, packaging, and reclaim process development units. This role will also design experimental optimization protocols and carry out tests, analyze data, compile reports, and generate technology transfer documentation.
- Lead Design Hazard reviews and prepare project proposals that include a detailed scope description, PFD, P&IDs, a cost estimate, prepare concept drawings, and a timeline or schedule for a project
- Manage projects and lead efforts to upgrade existing processes and contribute to the development of new product offerings and serve as the technical lead for stage gated projects.
- Problem solve and find solutions in scale-up challenges related to chemical unit operations
- Work closely with vendors and contractors on design and fabrication during project execution
- Routinely document results and give oral presentations on the project(s) status
- Maintain focus on the appropriate intellectual asset management as it relates to a given project
- Keep detailed records and track project spending and identify continuous improvement opportunities
Who you are:
- Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in chemical engineering and process development in unit operations
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- Experience with the design & building of pilot plants and analytical instruments (FTIR, GC, ICPMS, Raman, etc.)
- Experience with batch distillation, liquid adsorption systems, and ultra-high-purity specialty chemical packaging and handling, including sublimation.
- Experience with air-sensitive materials handling or silicon hydride chemicals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to manage multiple high-priority deliverables in parallel
- Strong commitment to safety, health, and environmental leadership
- Enthusiastic, innovative, skillful, and a self-starter
- Proven track record of safe work experience and safe work practices
- Strong observation, perception, and creativity skills
- Attention to detail, a problem-solving mindset, and a systematic approach
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html