Show All Results
Analytical Lab Analyst
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
To provide support for the analytical testing of incoming raw materials, in-process samples and finished products for the Membrane, Biotools and Media manufacturing areas.
- Adhering to all company EHS guidelines and procedures with proactive involvement in laboratory safety initiatives.
- Testing incoming raw material, in-process and finished product in strict accordance with procedures to support production and shipping deadlines.
- Correct use and maintenance of various laboratory equipment.
- Performing routine checks and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Set-up of all laboratory equipment in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Accurate preparation of all solutions required to support testing of product.
- Training of colleagues in the use of laboratory equipment and procedures in the Analytical Services laboratories.
- Performing laboratory validation and non-routine testing.
- Providing technical backup and support to production as required, including project work, e.g. non-routine lab testing to support process validations, quality improvement efforts and customer complaints.
- Archiving of laboratory data, logbooks and samples in accordance with procedures.
- Controlling, issuing and maintaining laboratory documentation.
- Updating, drafting and reviewing quality documentation such as test methods and standard operating procedures.
- Participating in identified Continuous Improvement initiatives; cost, quality etc.
- Maintaining laboratory inventory levels.
- Performing other related quality duties as required.
- General B.Sc. / Diploma in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent.
- Thorough, practical and persistent self-starter.
- Strong motivation
- Good communication skills
- Good computer literacy
- Good Problem Solving Skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html