Show All Results
Manufacturing Technician 3
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Manufacturing Technician 3 is a processor that has proven their abilities to operate consistently with approved manufacturing procedures and documents. They are responsible for safely executing manufacturing processes and ensure the accuracy of documentation within the local quality system. They also work closely with department supervision to ensure daily department operating goals are developed and achieved.
This is a night shift role (6pm-6am); 12-hour schedule working various days of the week with competitive shift differential. Weekends and holidays are required. Rotation to the other shifts as needed to ensure full staffing of those shifts.
- Performing production and sampling operations per approved manufacturing procedures.
- Following equipment setup for manufacturing processes per approved procedures and best practices.
- Perform necessary analytical tests and notify technical lead or supervisor of results during a production operation.
- Notify technical lead or supervisor for critical in-process decisions based on analytical data.
- Expectations include properly dispose of waste using department protocols.
- Thoroughly document all production activities.
- Maintain equipment according to protocols written with departmental procedures & best practices.
- Assist in preparation of Procedures to ensure compliance with applicable Safety and Quality guidelines.
- You will also have goals of developing and assisting in the implementation of process improvement, safety, quality, and 5S ideas.
- At times customer interaction potential and audit questioning elevates the responsibilities of this position
- Lift and carry up to 80 pounds while wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators, for an extended time
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree in life science area with applicable experience working in a similar environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in safe processing techniques and pertinent OSHA, EPA, FDA regulations
- Working knowledge of general chemistry, mathematics, and standard computer applications
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology (i.e., PDSA, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Six Sigma)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html