Show All Results
Quality Control Supervisor
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Quality Control Supervisor at MilliporeSigma, you will plan, organize, and oversee the activities of a QC laboratory. You will be responsible for a safe flow of analytical operations to ensure conformance to product specifications. Further you will be responsible for laboratory compliance to ICH Q7 and ISO 9001:2015. You will supervise a staff of analysts and give timely feedback to achieve superior performance and develop employees for growth.
- Ensure work practices are safe and in compliance with ICH Q7, ISO 9001:2015 and company guidelines in the QC laboratory.
- Ensure that employees are trained in all safety, ISO, GMP and MilliporeSigma QMS (Quality Management) procedures.
- Monitors workflow and staffing and sets priorities to ensure timely processing of items through work area, consistent with departmental goals
- Review and release of final products
- Investigate Out of Specification/Trend results per site, Life Science, and regulatory requirements.
- Provides resources and technical advice to address problems.
- Makes recommendations for capital equipment and improvements.
- Selection and evaluation of employees through employee performance, along with timely feedback and regular 1 on 1 meetings. Responsible for maintaining confidential information of employees
- Prepare and modify specifications, methods, certificates of analysis and methods to comply with ICH Q7 and ISO 9001:2015 requirements, and information to be sent to customers
- Assist in the investigation of quality customer complaints
- Employ and direct process improvements utilizing lean manufacturing concepts
- Ensure that training, documentation, and calibration programs are compliant
- Report incidents, assist in investigating causes and follow up with appropriate actions.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
- Perform other functions and duties that may be assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl for long periods of time.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or other Life Science discipline
- 3+ years’ work experience in a GMP quality environment
- 3+ years’ leadership experience
- Master’s or PhD degree in Chemistry or other Life Science discipline
- 5+ years’ work experience in GMP quality environment.
- Experience in a multi-product work environment.
- Advanced technical knowledge in chemistry with emphasis on analytical or organic chemistry
- Good interpersonal skills and able to perform in challenging situations
- Strong business aptitude
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Understanding of GMP and ISO quality standards
- Effective written/verbal communication within QC/QA and with cross functional groups; ability to convey any relevant information/potential problems etc. to team members, as necessary
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan and execute multiple tasks
- Knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office
RSRMS MilliporeSigma Millipore Sigma
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html