Show All Results
Packaging Tech I
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Packaging Operator I perform operations starting with material receipt, down filling, and distribution from our facility in Cleveland, Ohio. The Operator is responsible for receipt of materials, packaging products, and shipment of products following established procedures and controls. Deliver high quality products to our customers by precisely adhering to procedures and standards while performing their job duties.
- Clearly document activities performed and maintain a clean facility.
- Unloads procured materials from delivery vehicles, inspects materials for quality defects, and labels materials with system generated labels.
- Conducts material identification testing and prints reports.
- Moves and stages materials, components, and utensils utilizing electric walk behind tow motors and manual pallet jacks.
- Generates records and labels using approved master templates.
- Manually portions chemicals (e.g., amino acids) into containers precisely following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and batch record instructions.
- Samples products for Quality Control (QC) testing.
- Cleans and labels finished good containers.
- Conducts material and product inspections and room clearances.
- Boxes, palletizes, and wraps finished goods.
- Generates finished goods shipping documentation.
- Loads delivery vehicles with pallets of finished goods using an electric walk behind tow motor.
- Completes documentation (e.g., batch records, logbooks, forms, etc.) following Good Documentation Practices and using ALCOA (accurate, legible, contemporaneous, original, attributable) principles.
- Performs SAP transactions.
- Promptly reports deviations, discrepancies, and abnormalities to management and assists in determining root cause and identifying corrective actions.
- Maintains facility housekeeping by cleaning and disinfecting operating areas at prescribed intervals and per procedure.
- Performs housekeeping and safety inspections and reports results.
- Manages inventory of cleaning supplies, personal protective equipment (PPE), and utensils.
- Actively participate in a proactive safety culture, identifying hazards, making suggestions for improvement, coaching coworkers on safety, and working incident-free.
- Actively participates in company provided training and performs electronic training within the allocated time.
- Maintains a positive attitude, works well with peers and management level employees, accepts constructive feedback, helps to identify problems and improvements, and has a desire to learn.
May involve frequently sitting, standing, walking, using hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
May involve lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Ability to perform all functions in a safe and timely manner in accordance with OSHA standards and general rules and regulations governing the workplace.
- Ability to follow general personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements as established by company policy.
- Troubleshooting skills.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html