Show All Results
IPS Sales Specialist - Southeastern US
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Sales Specialist, Immunoassay Platform
The field-based Immunoassay Platform Sales Specialist (IPS) will be responsible for reagent and consumable sales and associated capital equipment sales including multiplexed and ultra-high sensitivity protein expression profiling. You will be developing focused strategies and tactics for meeting revenue goals and increasing general awareness of MilliporeSigma within key accounts, as well as throughout their overall territory. The IPS duties will be oriented to products requiring highly technical demonstrations in customer's laboratory. The product demonstration objectives are to effectively match our product capabilities to the client's needs and remove competitive obstacles to solidify business for the company. You will be responsible for all logistics associated with completing a successful demo and sale.
- All aspects related to sales including but not limited to prospecting, qualifying leads, quoting, demonstrating equipment, maintaining a database, closing orders, as well as ensuring that the territory exceeds its quarterly and annual system sales objectives.
- Run high-level technical discussions with key customers to ensure understanding and adoption of MilliporeSigma products and services within the IPS' areas of responsibility.
- Able to communicate complex scientific concepts in a concise and effective manner, especially when speaking publicly (often through technical seminars).
- Develop and manage customer relationships at a variety of levels within an organization to ensure awareness and adoption of all MilliporeSigma products and services.
- Work in partnership with their Account Manager teammates to ensure that Immunoassay opportunities at key accounts are being recognized and handled appropriately in a team sales approach. Likewise, the Account Managers will be required to support the efforts of the IPS in key accounts.
- 70% travel within territory of FL, NC, GA, and TN to accomplish assigned objectives in this field-based role
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological-based science
- 3+ years proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets
- 3+ years in a major account management role within a Life Sciences Company
- Experience in delivering effective technical presentations to scientific researchers
- Ph. D, Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated interpersonal and persuasive communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and success in preparing and implementing strategic business plans at a major account level
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate information at the appropriate level of the audience
- Must have strong, problem solving and computer skills
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software in a business environment. Familiarity with CRM systems
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to complete multiple tasks or projects
- Experience with immunoassay applications
- Experience selling instrumentation
- Proven business/sales development track record calling at a progressively responsible level, including senior executives
- Demonstrated network of established relationships at the senior/executive management level within at least one of MilliporeSigma's market segments
- Preference given to candidates with business-to-business sales experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical products in a regulated environment. Preference given to candidates with proven FDA regulated market knowledge or ISO related experience
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html