Show All Results
Scientist (Team Lead)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is seeking a QC Scientist (Team Lead) at our Ewing facility in St. Louis. In this role, you will evaluate the quality of products using advanced technical skills and knowledge including innovative research / investigation. You will also provide technical support to the department, lead projects aimed at improving safety, quality, expenses, and/or revenue as well as aide the supervisor with scheduling and resolving issues impeding day to day operations.
- Schedule product release work activities
- Support department goals and update group metrics
- Lead by example in setting the appropriate safety and quality culture, by ensuring issues/concerns are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Confidently and concisely answer any questions and explain processes in the supervisor’s absence.
- Attend meetings in the absence of Supervisor
- Assist in the selection process of candidates in a manner consistent with company policies
- Communicate information to your Supervisor to ensure group/dept objectives are met
- Safely perform operations, ensuring quality expectations are met throughout the process
- Perform complex assays, processes and/or unit operations
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures
- Participate as needed in quality audits
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Subject Matter Expert
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates
- Oversee Training of less experienced scientists
- Wearing personal protective equipment such as a respirator or chemical protective clothing for extended periods of time
- Lifting and pushing up to 80 pounds
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or other Scientific discipline with 3+ years independent lab experience
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or other Science discipline
- Understanding of a wide variety of Biotech assay techniques and theory (molecular, immuno, enzymatic, cell culture)
- Significant experience with various Electronic Quality Management Systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Project Management experience
- Demonstrated experience with change management and process improvement implementation
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html