Show All Results
Lead Hand: Distribution
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Distribution Supervisor, you will be responsible for the functional operations in one or more of the following areas: Receiving, Warehouse Stocking, Shipping or Inventory Control. The Team Leader is responsible to ensure that the proper amount of labor is allocated to each associated task and will make the correct adjustments as needed throughout a shift. This position will also ensure that all problems are identified and either resolved or escalated to a Distribution Supervisor in a timely manner. Team Leads are responsible for training in their areas and will ensure that all functions are executed per the corresponding documented processes (SOPs). They will also maintain a full understanding of all ERP, WMS and Transportation systems that are utilized. The Lead Hand will be trained and certified in the operation of all material handling equipment and will train other Operators as required. Feedback will be provided back to the site Supervisor on all issues related to area and Operator performance.
Lead Hand should be able to work under minimal supervision and should be able to coordinate all activities during a shift from start to finish.
A Team Lead is expected to work with the Distribution Supervisor to develop a positive working relationship and work environment with all internal and external customers.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join our company as an Oakville Distribution Operations Lead. You will serve as team member of strategic projects and partner with key functional areas including Planning, Finance, Customer Service, & Manufacturing.
- Ensure that all work performed, and all duties are assigned in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manages all personal training requirements and the training requirements for their assigned team.
- Schedules, monitors and adjusts work assignments throughout each shift to meet or exceed area goals and objectives.
- Reports and provides gap analysis on productivity for the assigned area by applicable increments (hour, shift, week, month, quarter, year to date)
- Performs all duties in a timely manner to meet production schedules and compliance with all applicable quality, safety and/or health standards and regulations.
- Maintains cooperative, professional working relationship with department personnel and interfacing departments. Assists in alternate work areas as directed.
- Maintains work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Initiates, processes, verifies and maintains accurate computer transactions.
- Picks, packs, prepares and inspects material for accuracy of part numbers, quantities, lot and serial numbers, expiration dates, perish codes, notes, marks, certifications, special labeling, storage, packaging or marking requirements.
- Opens and unpacks, counts, identifies and verifies against packing slip, purchase orders and internal requisitions. Notes and records discrepancies.
- Stows and records location of material based on classification, perishable code, DG class, expiration and directed disposition.
- Performs physical inventory and cycle count activities. Investigates and resolves stock keeping errors or other discrepancies.
- Processes work orders and material requests for staging and stocking according to pre-assigned schedule.
- Performs as part of the spill response, First aid responder and on call for emergencies on site.
Location: Onsite Oakville Ontario
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, and crouch, and be able to stay on your feet for eight hours. The employee must be able to talk, hear, and smell. The employee must be able lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted. Employee may be required to move more than 50 pounds with assistance. Work in cold room environments. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office equipment. The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
- Works near moving mechanical parts (Conveyors, powered industrial vehicles). Required to wear appropriate protective equipment including gloves and safety glasses.
Who you are:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience or any combination of experience and education that would likely produce the required knowledge and abilities
- Communication, orally and in writing must be at a sufficient level to perform all job duties
- Must have knowledge of Warehouse shipping methods and procedures
- Forklift and Dangerous Goods Shipping certification (Can be obtained during employment).
- Must be able to perform basic math functions accurately
- Inventory cycle count experience preferred
- Experience with equipment and tools utilized in shipping
- Receiving and warehousing operations including but not limited to forklift, stacker, pallet jacks, hand truck, postage meter machines preferred
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html