Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
SENIOR PROJECT DELIVERY MANAGER IT (PDM)
Job Location: ECity, Bangalore
Shift Timings: 10:30 am – 7:30 am or 1:30 pm – 10:30 pm
As a Senior Project Delivery Manager (PDM) at Our Orgn, you will act as a communicator between IT and its senior business peers. You will analyze business inquiries, translate it into plan and action, staff project teams, consult technical teams, resolve issues, help architect the application landscape, ensure that scope, timeline, budget and quality are met. Ensuring all aspects of the project run smoothly and efficiently, you will identify project risks/issues and problem-solve to provide solutions for the team.
Your role will involve a high level of interaction with APAC, EU and US. You will be working in an agile framework together with Project Management Office (PMO), delivery managers, data engineers, data scientists, technical engineers, business partners and always execute at best performance and quality. You pride yourself on your attention to detail, organization skills and ability to build relationships cross-functionally.
You will coordinate the design, build and documentation of new analytics assets following the standards, practices and regulatory requirements provided by our Advanced Analytics team. You will build expertise about the latest state of the art hybrid enterprise cloud environment as well as innovative analytics technologies such as text mining, machine learning and AI. This includes the latest Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 3.1 powered by innovative technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Ranger, Elastic Search, Python, R, Shiny.
- Bachelor/Master degree in computer science, Information Technology or MBA with IT specialization and minimum 8+ years of post-graduate experience.
- At least 3+ years of experience with Project or Program Management with strong focus on change management (preferably ITIL, LEAN, PMI, SDLC).
- 5+ years of experience as data engineer or data scientist experienced in IT systems and Big Data technologies ( Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Ranger, Oozie, Elastic Search, Enterprise Hardware Encryption, Python, R, Shiny, Analytics).
- Lead development and evolve microservices framework for data ingestion, data processing and provisioning
- At least 5+ years of meaningful experience building Data Services, Data Engineering discipline and experience in analytics tools to solve business problems
- Previous work experience in a regulated production environment within the pharmaceutical industry is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills fluent English is needed in spoken and written are prerequisite, appreciated 2nd language European or Asian.
- Walk the talk by technical hands-on support and deep dive technology and products, problem solving mentality.
- Resolve technical and organizational problems by thinking "out-of-the-box" and triaging run-time issues.
- Actively participating in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Accountable for the end-to-end planning and implementation of complex projects and/or Agile teams. Lead and negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives.
- Assertive with customer needs and team capacities or focus, but excellent in team play and communications.
- Drive agility in project delivery, change management (RFCs) and continuous improvement.
- Control timeline, budget and quality, create action and resource plans, drive tasks to successful execution.
- Drive sustainable development and long-term success, manage scalability and re-usability
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production).
- Driving multiple teams through the software development process using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work openly and boldly across all functions and geographies to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems.
- Establishes procedures that affect immediate organization, design process and guidelines for project delivery and result in "easy-to-manage" applications.
- Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary organization, coordinate engineering teams, develop new people by providing orientation and technical guidance.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders and ensure standards and governance is followed through
- Understand and implement GxP and other policies, recommend changes to policies, consult in audits.
- Review and compile project and technical documentation, perform code reviews.
- Manage knowledge around projects and products (cabinet structure and content) and ensure Knowledge transfers (people).
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html