Show All Results
Senior Associate Production Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Senior Associate Production Scientist position supports our Bio-Organic, Nucleotide, CoA and Affinity Resin product lines. A Senior Associate Production Scientist provides technical guidance to associate production scientists and operators. You are responsible for working with SMEs to ensure successful manufacturing of an established line of products. In conjunction with SMEs, you are also responsible for troubleshooting and investigating process issues that arise. You will be responsible for writing and modifying procedures consistent with quality guidelines and identifying potential process improvements. In this role, you’ll be interacting cross-functionally with Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Packaging, Materials Management, Engineering and Maintenance.
- Ensure quality throughout the process
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments
- Perform multi-disciplined, established processes, assays and/or unit operations, primarily those requiring a higher level of skill and knowledge
- Clean-up equipment and working areas during and after operations
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Ensure compliance with change control procedures
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures
- Interact with other departments as needed
- Participate as needed in quality audits
- Accurately perform procedures independently
- Identify problems and limitations of analysis
- Perform routine troubleshooting
- Review of final assays and procedures
- Interface with external customers
- Resolve any unsafe conditions
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed
- Lift, push and/or pull upto 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Wear personal protective equipment including (but not limited to): full-face respirator, chemical resistant suit, gloves, air supplied hood, etc.
- Routine use of all classes of chemicals
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or other life science field
- 1+ years of independent lab research or industrial experience
- Experience with Microsoft applications
- Good communication skils (oral and written)
- Knowledge of chemistry or biochemistry and math
- Experience with analytical techniques and equipment
- Knowledge of industrial process techniques and operations
- Ability to problem solve
- Safe chemical handling methods
- Interpersonal skills
- Laboratory and analytical skills
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html