Show All Results
Area Business Manager, Iowa, Nebraska
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Area Business Manager (ABM) is accountable for the strategic business management and sales result of an individual territory, serving as the liaison between customers and EMD Serono. Working in collaboration with the overlapping Thought Leader Liaison, the role focuses on building customer alliances and establishing and maintaining product market leadership by identifying customer needs and providing customer-centered solutions. An ideal candidate has solid business acumen, possesses strong consultative selling skills, keen analytical skills and an established network of business relationships with neurologists treating patients with multiple sclerosis. We are seeking strong and determined sales leaders willing to make a daily impact on patient outcomes. Some overnight travel may be required. The territory includes Iowa, Nebraska, and southern Minnesota.
- Display the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior, and integrity in all aspects of the ABM role.
- Achieve territory sales goals and objectives consistent with Company and Therapeutic Area guidelines as well as the PhRMA code.
- Pursue individual improvement over time against Competency Model.
- Demonstrate strong collaborative approach with internal and external stakeholders to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends and preparing/executing applicable plans.
- Maintain a superior level of product, market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care and customer knowledge.
- Expand the number of new prescribers and strengthen current prescriber positions with a multi-product portfolio.
- Plan and implement effective professional and patient education programs.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the MS/neurology medical community with a high science approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions.
- A valid and active driver's license
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- 5+ years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry with demonstrated success in sales performance
- Maintain personal level of accountability and ownership of results.
- Self-motivated and thrives with change.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate across teams in successful pursuit of goals.
- Experience in MS, neurology, CNS or specialty biologics markets.
- Scientific or clinical background.
- Strong technical proficiency with experience selling in a virtual environment using digital tools.
- Knowledge of managed care and reimbursement systems and experience with pull-through strategies.
- Able to support multiple tasks, initiatives, and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Customer oriented, energetic, flexible, enthusiastic, and driven.
- Passion for patients.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html