Show All Results
Head of Sales Effectiveness, Life Science Services (St. Louis, MO or Burlington, MA)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Head of Sales Effectiveness, Life Science Services (LSS) will be responsible for driving improvement across sales team(s) that execute our clients’ ongoing Revenue & Margin Management programs, design B2B customer selling models, and deliver data-driven business insights. In addition to project work, you will also be expected to contribute to the creation of a new service-focused commercial ecosystem.
- Review and optimize a consistent sales process across business units within LSS business division
- Ensure leads are efficiently generated & converted into profitable sales, and sales is held accountable to defined KPI’s and metrics
- Review usage of tools and technologies including CRM to drive accountability and establish greater visibility into the sales pipeline; develop commercial tools framework to support short and long term business needs
- Translate market trends, competitive dynamics into map of customer and end-user behavior and purchasing decisions; leverage framework to create ideal client model and targeted segment/account plans
- Analyze the performance of respective commercial teams throughout the sales organization to identify areas of improvement and best practices. Use this analysis to provide feedback and areas of focus to improve performance.
- Review and adjust sales incentive / compensation plans to ensure they align with business division profitability goals / objectives
- Assess and recommend optimal salesforce design and organization structure, coverage, and productivity improvement
- Independently develop clear and well-defined plans, driving strategy into actions and delivering measurable results and regularly prepare and present reports and analyses in formal meetings with stakeholders and leadership
Who You Are:
- 7-10+ years’ experience running a B2B sales team (at Sales Director or Regional VP level), including responsibility for forecasting, building/managing a sales pipeline, and holding sales reps accountable to results, managing coverage, performance and compensation
- Industry/Commercial Experience with Pharma Services, Contract Testing, CTDMO strongly preferred
- Strong financial acumen, understanding of P&L and cost drivers; proven ability to build a quarterly/annual business plan
- Familiar with, and has used CRM tools such as Salesforce for dashboards, reports, metrics and analytics to run a sales team through CRM dashboards, familiarity with CRM such as Salesforce
- Analytically driven and exposure to various tools and technologies
- Strong quantitative mindset combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional project management and presentation skills
- Outstanding people development and management skills; ability to lead junior team members and help guide their careers
- Demonstrated experience providing intellectual and task leadership on complex projects
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment, think on your feet, and respond with confidence and creativity
Open to remote work with a strong preference for candidates located near one of our hubs in St. Louis, MO or Burlington, MA
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html