Show All Results
Operations Technology Engineer
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Automation Engineer will provide process controls engineering and instrumentation support for our company globally.
You become a member of Process Controls and Analytical Technology Engineering team and contribute to the success of large capital investment projects worldwide.
The principal accountabilities include the front-end process control designs for novel chemistries starting with the design of process control architectures in close collaboration with process engineers and other engineering disciplines.
You are responsible for its detailed design, build-up, installation and commissioning of the plant by co-working with suppliers. Be an internal subject matter expert in instrumentation, system integration, control logic & programming of process automation systems.
Able to grasp complex interrelations and translate customer requirements into innovative and robust technical solutions.
You are keen in interfacing and close collaborating to other disciplines, project management team, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) firms during all project phases.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automation, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years experience of Automation/C&I engineering.
- Acumen in process engineering.
- Advanced knowledge in DCS design, software engineering and automation standards.
- Experience in plant automation programming (DCS/PLC/SCADA) using relevant tools, methods and technologies.
- Experience with Siemens automation (i.e., SIMATIC Manager, WinCC, TIA Portal, PCS7) or Rockwell/Allen-Bradley automation (i.e., RSLogix/Studio 5000, FactoryTalkView, PlantPAx)
- Basic knowledge in application of safety analysis for the design of plants and life safety controls.
- Experience in the selection of instruments suitable for the specific applications, including safety and Ex proof components.
- Ability to work on global, interdisciplinary teams.
- Master’s degree in Automation/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge in Process Analytical Technologies.
- Deep knowledge of EX protection (NEC500, ATEX, IECEx) is preferred
- Deep knowledge and performance of safety analyses for the design of plants and special equipment
- Knowledge in advanced process control technologies and experience in applications in process industries.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html