Show All Results
Process Developement Engineer
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As Engineering lead for new products and line extensions for Cork Manufacturing Operations, you will be the Project Management lead depending on project responsibilities, scope and complexity.
Providing Manufacturing support for new R&D products from Concept to Production (Product Development Procedure), as an active team member who contributes to the development of new concepts, processes and products. Co-ordinating inputs from Cork Manufacturing for Preliminary Investigation, Detailed Investigation, Product Development & Validation.
- Ensures new processes are designed for manufacture, automated, innovative, cost effective and meet all Quality and EHS regulatory requirements
- Prepares Manufacturing product cost estimates under guidance
- Initiates equipment and mould User Requirement Specifications, vendor selection, requests for quotation and equipment/ mould build, management of same depends on project responsibilities, scope and complexity
- Manages and executes the production equipment transfer into Cork, takes a hands-on lead role in activities required to achieve Commercialization
- Supports Pilot production, process optimization, scale up production and handover to production
- Prepares and manages the Manufacturing budgets associated with each project
Who you are?
- Engineering Degree or relevant Third Level Qualification
- Minimum 3 – 5 years engineering experience in Manufacturing, Moulding, New Product Introduction or Product Development. Medical Device and over-moulding experience is a plus
- Self starter, hands on, innovative, ability to influence
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to assess and identify root cause
- Proven project management experience, ability to plan and execute
- Working knowledge & experience of Lean, 6 sigma, SPC, FMEA, DOE, Quality & validation systems, Project management tools
- Effective communication and cross-cultural skills
Note: This role my involves travel abroad for short periods.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html