Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the project planning/costing, design, implementation, commissioning and qualification of initiatives identified to improve capacity and reliability in Membrane manufacturing. The project engineer will be responsible for the full project lifecycle, ensuring stakeholders requirements are achieved and will work with other departments and functions to successfully deliver improvements to Membrane manufacturing.
This is a key role to enhance reliability and availability of process/production manufacturing equipment. The type of projects include replacement/upgrades due to obsolescence and failures (BCP – Business Continuity) and also the introduction of new equipment and system investments as part of Continuous Improvements and production loss reduction.
- Manage all aspects of assigned engineering projects (project feasibility, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and projections, HAZOP analysis, project proposal and presentation, securing approval, scheduling and project management, contractor selection, site co-ordination and supervision, progress monitoring & reporting, cost management and control, training, procedure development, commissioning and documentation, final handover and any other associated responsibilities).
- Support optimization of production processes through designing improvements in capacity, identifying areas for cost reduction and quality improvements, ensuring waste and downtime reduction, and helping eliminate non-value tasks.
- Provide support to IQ, OQ, and PQ activities as appropriate.
- Help manage the Engineering Documentation archive and ensure that all engineering documentation is appropriately indexed, filed and tagged.
- Communication of project status through regular scheduled communications, both formal and informal with internal and external stakeholders.
Who you are?
- Level 8 degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or relevant qualification is desired.
- Level 7 degree will be considered.
- Trade qualification an advantage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in a Med Device or Pharma regulated cGMP manufacturing environment.
- Proven project management experience, qualification desirable.
- Critical: Proven ability to manage multiple projects on time and within budget.
- In depth knowledge of unit operations and process engineering. Experience of DCS and SCADA systems, including associated documentation.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of both processes and equipment.
- Understanding of adherence to regulatory compliance.
- Ability to work as part of and lead a team when required.
- Ability to manage vendor supply in line with project requirements during a project schedule.
- Previous experience within an ATEX environment an advantage.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html