Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is seeking a Logistics Coordinator for its MEGASYS® team in Austin, TX. This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
Benefits to working with our team include:
- ***Sign-on bonus of $1,000 available.***
- Comprehensive, paid, on the job training program that allows our employees to quickly learn critical technical skills to excel in this role and rapidly progress in their careers.
- Full Tuition reimbursement available!
- Excellent all-around benefits including a starting vacation allowance of 3 weeks, access to healthcare and strong 401k programs.
Who You Are:
As the Logistics Coordinator, you will report to the Megasys Site Manager working alongside the customer's logistics specialist and Megasys operations team. Within this role you will be responsible for the material handling, inventory, ordering, receiving, reconciliation, and quality verification of a variety of hazardous and temperature-controlled materials. The Logistics Coordinator will handle activities to ensure inventory accuracy by performing physical inventories, cycle counts, and material movement in a manual setting. You will collaborate with vendors to plan shipping arrival times and frequencies to maintain the plant’s inventory in a multifaceted environment.
Other duties may include:
- Tackle reconciliation issues and make recommendations; implement system changes to reduce errors
- Assist in handing property by completing data entry and inventory tracking through record keeping
- Capture data to solve space and storage location issues
- Maintain Min Max inventory, critical inventory storage, and expired products to prevent the chance of supply shortage
- Support and back up other logistics functions through order entry, inventory escalations, dispatch, shipping, receiving as needed
- Generate shipping requests of hazardous materials
- Assist with Health and Safety as needed
- Occasional lifting/labeling gas cylinders and moving chemical inventory
- Flexibility in completing various other assigned duties
- Walking throughout the facility for 30% of shift (2-3 miles per day)
- Basic lifting (up to 40lbs)
- Bending of the knees and overhead reaching
The Logistics Coordinator will work five (5) eight (8) hour days with a Monday-Friday schedule, with need for flexibility and overtime, as needed.
MEGASYS® is the branded name for EMD Electronics services where EMD Electronics Technicians and Engineers provide on-site gas and chemical/slurry management.
Military Veterans: MEGASYS® is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company value the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets are encouraged to apply.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience with data entry, logistics or inventory control/coordination in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Logistics
- 2+ years’ experience in Logistics operations
- Interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with a broad range of people, including high ranking individuals in a fortune 300 company
- Experience working with internal/external customers, vendors, and services contractors
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects with multiple priorities, meet deadlines and project plans with short- and long-term end dates
- Familiarity with manual/custom enterprise asset management systems for tracking of property and inventory, including knowledge of SAP/ERP/LIMs
- Knowledge of DOT standards for shipping dangerous goods
- Previous experience handling hazardous material
- Understanding and usage of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to complete tasks at a high level of speed and accuracy
- Previous work involving inventory cycle counts, discrepancy reports, and correcting discrepancies
- Experience with Min/Max inventory maintenance based on usage reports
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html