Show All Results
Senior Application and Discovery Scientist, AI and Cheminformatics Solutions
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
By unlocking the power of data AI for drug discovery (AIDD) has the potential to enable personalized medicine and change patient lives. An M-Ventures funded biotech start-up is poised to seize the opportunity at the intersection between the Healthcare and Life Science Divisions of Merck, KGaA Darmstadt, Germany. Our mandate is to think big and reach across teams to leverage the full capabilities of the organization. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Role and Responsibilities include:
The Senior Application and Discovery Scientist will be part of the product management team responsible for the portfolio of our AI, Cheminformatics, and automation drug discovery products. You will be a key member of a newly formed internal venture responsible for the development of transformational AI-enabled software and a full automation robotics ecosystem for drug discovery.
You will be responsible to:
- Work as an expert superuser of our AI/Cheminformatics software product to independently provide subject expertise to medicinal chemists on their drug design projects
- Drive pre-sales activities including demonstrating product concepts, planning, and delivering product demos/training, providing product design guidance to the engineering team and scientific drug discovery projects with external partners
- Develop scientific and marketing content/presentation to demonstrate our product value and differentiation to the customers to support the sales and marketing teams
- Lead customer onboarding, build and deliver highly technical product training, and follow up with the customer to ensure maximum usage of the tool post implementation
- Provide training for internal stakeholders in general sales, technical and sales support teams
- Make product feature design recommendations to the engineering team, address their technical questions and represent the product expertise of Cheminformatics software product
- Lead scientific projects with customers and drive results by using our software in customer's med chem projects. This should lead to publications
- Leverage networking opportunities (i.e. conferences, industry forums, etc.) to gain insights into current trends, build trust around our technology and identify potential sales opportunities
Location: Remote - Greater Boston Area Preferred
Travel: <30% domestically and/or internationally
Who You Are:
- MS in chemistry, cheminformatics, bioinformatics, or relevant fields
- Minimum 3 years of experience using cheminformatics/computational/medicinal chemistry 2D and 3D modeling tools for virtual screening, docking, ADMET, and retrosynthesis.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar customer-facing role
- MBA or PhD a plus
- Experience in demo and training of cheminformatics tools, or any chemistry software solution for Life Science/Pharma/Biotech industry customers
- In-depth understanding of small molecule drug discovery - design, make, test, analysis
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, agile and face-paced teams
- Self-driven, results-oriented leader with proven collaborative working style
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html