Show All Results
Senior UX Researcher
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Senior UX researcher will play a leading role in shaping the next generation of user experiences across our Life Science business. You will be responsible for conducting primary research, analyzing customer behavior and turning the output of that work into design recommendations and solutions. Your research will help create compelling user experiences for new initiatives as well as driving constant improvement on our existing products.
- Lead user research activities, analyzing user behavior, providing design recommendations and delivering design solutions such as wireframes, high and low fidelity prototypes and other deliverables as required.
- Work closely with our business, design and development teams so utilize your knowledge of trends in technology and design including mobile/responsive design.
- Work with other researchers, designers and associates.
- Conduct user experience research and use collected information to translate ideas into design recommendations.
- Analyze existing applications and web content, and develop specifications (e.g., prototypes, storyboards, or text) for how to redesign them to improve the usability / user experience.
- Propose pragmatic solutions that are consistent with industry best practices and user expectations, while balancing technical, data and schedule constraints.
- Collaborate with designers, functional analysts, developers and outside consultants as needed to ensure that proposed solutions adhere to the design, technical and business goals of the organization.
- Demonstrate leadership and communication skills by presenting design solutions, facilitating ideation and planning sessions and collaborating on complex concepts.
- May involve up to 10% travel.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, or Information Science
- 2+ years’ experience in User Experience Research (i.e., conducting usability studies, contextual inquiries and surveys, analyzing customer feedback and translating user research and analysis into product design recommendations; utilization of tools such as Adobe XD and Figma; experience with Google Analytics and experience with UserTesting (or similar) and Full Story (or any session replay tool))
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years’ experience in User Experience Research (i.e., conducting usability studies, contextual inquiries and surveys, analyzing customer feedback and translating user research and analysis into product design recommendations; utilization of tools such as Adobe XD and Figma; experience with Google Analytics and experience with UserTesting (or similar) and Full Story (or any session replay tool))
- Master’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, or Information Science
- Strong working knowledge of various web development technologies, trends in technology, and design patterns including mobile/responsive design.
- Chemical Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, or other Life Science industry experience.
- Fluency in any other language.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html