Show All Results
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Manufacturing Supervisor at MilliporeSigma will:
- Assist in the selection process of candidates in a manner consistent with company policies
- Ensure direct reports are trained for the tasks and procedures assigned and have access to proper equipment
- Lead and motivate through positive reinforcement, encouragement, example, and communication of company values
- Quickly resolve personnel conflicts and problems as they arise
- Ensure skills and knowledge development occurs to allow employees to maximize performance in their current positions
- Encourage and assist development toward individual career objectives or potential consistent with company needs
- Provide guidance, additional training, and development opportunities
- Ensure information is passed on to direct reports in a timely fashion
- Evaluate employee performance and provide timely feedback
- Communicate information to other groups or individuals to ensure company objectives are met
- Encourage collaboration between subordinates and other groups
- Organize the group’s efforts and oversee production processes
- Schedule tasks and processes to meet department and company objectives
- Ensure resources are available when needed, which may include production of more difficult products and/or scale up of processes
- Pro-actively review “Safety Procedures”, MPR’s, MMP’s, MMF’s Operating Procedures, etc. for inconsistencies and errors and modify as appropriate in a timely manner
- Identify, evaluate, and implement process improvements and expand group’s abilities through subordinates.
- Identify, evaluate, implement PDSA’s, and support the company’s 5S system
- Create/maintain positive pro-active approach toward quality compliance and safety
- Ensure group maintains acceptable housekeeping to meet company standard
- Report incidents, assist in investigating causes, and follow up with appropriate actions
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- 3rd Shift, Sunday through Thursday, 10:00pm - 6:30am
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other life science discipline
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience
- Experience leading, training and/or motivating people
- 3+ years’ manufacturing production or R&D experience
- Project management and/or planning & scheduling experience
- SAP experience
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and coordinate employee activities, as well as deal with any disciplinary issues
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and across functional groups
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html