Show All Results
Global Marketing Manager
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This global marketing position is a dynamic role responsible for developing and managing key products within the Organometallics (OM) platform, part of the Thin Films Business Field. The primary focus of this role is to serve as the commercial lead for a subset of products within the OM platform. Key responsibilities for this position are to develop and implement cohesive growth strategies for new and existing products, drive revenue and profit generation, and strengthen the market position for the assigned segment.
Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a broad range of matrix functions including sales, supply chain, manufacturing, sourcing, and EH&S. The job is a hub for a significant amount of internal and external information and requires you to assimilate and digest data quickly and make sound decisions. You are self-directed and having the ability to guide various teams is critical.
The preferred location for this position is the Sheboygan, WI regional area. Visiting and supporting the production facility there is key to being successful in this position. This role could be located at any of our other US sites or be fully remote with travel to meet with key partners.
You will be accountable for the following end results:
- Leadership of new and mature OM precursors within the assigned market segments to improve profitability and meet or exceed the business objectives including P&L responsibilities
- Prioritize and support new opportunities that are identified by the customer facing organization based on technology, supply capabilities, customer requirements and business sustainability criteria such as IP.
- Work with account teams in supporting the overall profitability of the OM precursor portfolio through pricing support and collaborating with internal partners on product cost improvement programs
The Global Market Manager will also be responsible for the following:
- Developing a deep understanding of market trends and the competitive landscape (i.e., new product introductions, strategic alliances, intellectual property, etc.) that helps to further define our product differentiation, pricing and development strategy
- Develop and implement analytically derived market plans that are based on customer inputs, market trends, competitive intelligence as well as forecasts by industry analysts to provide solid long-term forecasts for the OM business
- Develop marketing and communication plans for program advancement. This should include presentation materials, managing our presence at conferences and use of web-based communications.
- Closely working with strategic sourcing to ensure reliable material supply and develop strategic suppliers.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ proven experience in a technical industry
- Advanced degree in business, technical science or engineering
- Experience in technical marketing, account management, business planning, strategy development and execution
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to learn in a technical industry
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills, especially across a matrix and global organization.
- Ability to adsorb, analyze, and understand significant amounts of information
- Strong decision making skills when information may not be 100% available
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html