Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Engineering Technician role is a Project Commissioning and Start up support position as part of the Technical Operations team at the Hometown plant. This role will also provide assistance to the local Operations team with completion of Management of Change action items and Safety Incident investigations. In this role you will be both an individual contributor as well as a team member that will provide assistance to various project and plant engineering functions during the execution of large and small capital projects. In this role you may travel up to 15% both domestic and internationally. The typical schedule for this role is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, with overtime required as necessary.This will include
- assisting with developing engineering packages
- develop scope of work for demolition of existing equipment,
- assist with P&ID development and verification,
- provide plant interface with the contractor (EPC) as needed to resolve field construction issues,
- develop commissioning and initial operating procedures and resolve Hazard Review action items.
- working from written /verbal instructions, specifications, technical manuals, and engineering drawings.
- Lift, push, and or pull up to 50lbs.
- Use of hand-held inspection devices for various commissioning support functions will also be required, ie. dew pointers, gas analyzers, flammability and oxygen detectors.
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing process environment
- Associate Degree or higher
- Certification in repairs & maintenance
- Experience with welding, defect analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization
- Excellent writing skills sufficient to compose and edit a variety of documents, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and proofread work carefully
- Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the unit
- Proven organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks accurately
- Keyboarding skills with experience using Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Ability to use hand tools, small power tools, and test equipment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html