Show All Results
Head of Value Chain Cell Culture Media
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Represent ISCO on the respective business leadership team as a primary and critical business partner to define the global customer value creation and the business objectives and translate business strategies and objectives into robust end to end value chain model(s) which will deliver predictability and reliability for customers.
- Build the strategic roadmap for the Value Chain in close collaboration with the ISCO, PS Teams, Quality, IT and Procurement Partners and drive alignment and prioritization of value chain’s strategy deployment plans, which ends up in the ownership of the Value Chain Improvement Plan.
- Orchestrate & maintain global VS network design to optimize flow, supplier network, network management (DC and plants), source of supply decision (Make vs Buy), Inorganic integration which should lead into an optimized global capacity and asset loading. The Value Chain Team owns the global capacity planning process to a develop healthy balance between supply and demand which will lead to the successful fulfillment of customer demand for existing and novel product ranges.
- The Value Chain Management Team will lead the Supply Pillar as part of the new Integrated Business Management Process and partners with the Franchises on the portfolio and life cycle management to be able to define a Technology Roadmap incl. potential Automation & Digitalization investments.
- The Value Chain is ultimately accountable for the holistic E2E Risk Management from Inbound: Raw Materials/Suppliers, internal Supply, over manufacturing: site risks until outbound: SC/Distribution risks.
Position can be based in the US or Europe.
Who You Are:
- Entrepreneurial, self-starting, strategic thinker with a demonstrated track record of success in the development and execution of business programs.
- Strong experience in the respective Value Chains working in agile setups. You are perseverant and convincing to drive organizational change through influencing in matrix setups and across different organizational units and cultures.
- Proven track record of managing multiple global projects in parallel with a high degree of autonomy.
- Full accountability to drive the long-term development of Service Levels, Lead-Time, Inventory, COGS with a demonstrated track record of success in the transformation of under-performing processes and businesses.
- Strong cross-functional communication abilities across both Operations and Business communities, as well as customers.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, drive to succeed, motivator of people.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize recommendations based on large data sets.
- Strong business acumen, proven skills in structured problem solving and out-of-the-box thinking
- Bachelor in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or related/equivalent field.
- 10+ years of experience within an Operations or Business function in a Life Science business field
- Travel expected up to 30% of the time
- Strong customer (internal and external) and supplier facing presentation and communication skills.
- Education Level and Languages Required
- Professional Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Travel Requirements
- Qualitative requirements (i.e., “Ability to manage conflict”)
- Previous Management Consulting or Business Transformation Experience would be an Advantage.
- MBA or equivalent education level would be a major advantage.
- Previous consultancy management or business transformation experience would be an advantage.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html