Show All Results
Analyst- Web Data Management
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Position: Analyst- Web Data Management
Job Location: Position is based at Shared Business Services, Bangalore, India.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
As an analyst in Web Data Management team, you will be primarily responsible for filling the information gaps identified on our web product pages via data mining, quality check and batch loading. The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand customer needs, match it with the data gaps and optimize the pages accordingly to facilitate facetted search on our e-commerce website and enhance customers’ online experience. The Merck eBusiness organization is focused on creating a customer-centric experience and is responsible for driving our multi-billion-euro channel which supports >40 million visitors and transacts millions of orders each year. With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground and stretch yourself. We will continue to identify and deliver on opportunities to further accelerate growth and evolve our e-commerce business into the standard for collaboration in life science. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Implement product data and search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to continually improve web traffic, product visibility, product searchability, conversion, and overall sales
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review data model documentation updates and performs gap analysis against current procedures; also ensure that compliance and appropriate data integrity requirements are met
- Generate reports based on Gap Analysis/Content Audit Tool and data in Google Analytics to identify trends
- Research and find product specific data from various industry specific websites, peer reviewed journals, internal resources and enter it into a proprietary database
- Check completed work for accuracy and stores documents in designated locations
- Prepares batch loaders and uploads data on to the website using our Content Management System
- Maintain records of activities and tasks in JIRA (Project Management System)
Masters in Chemistry (Physical, Analytical, Organic) from a reputed University.
Experience: 6months-1yr in Scientific Industry
- Biochemical/Chemical Knowledge – Proficiency and functional command expected over Life science subject.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong scientific background and broad knowledge base with the ability to quickly absorb unfamiliar research topics
- Experience in developing impacting reporting’s based on visualization tools (e.g., Palantir, Tableau)
- Computer proficiency, including MS Excel, Proficient in using search engines and navigating through web pages.
- Assist team with ISO and other additional activity to support.
- Meeting the SLA and TAT as per the agreed guidelines with the Stakeholders.
- Understanding of roles and responsibilities of Business Operations
- Basic proficiency in problem solving, planning & execution, business acumen, customer orientation and high impact communication.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance.
- Good Team-player
- Proficient in interpersonal skills.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html