Show All Results
Strategic Benefits Manager
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position will be responsible for managing the strategy, compliance and communication of our US and Canadian benefit programs. You will bring specialty experience and be the subject matter expert in all aspects of benefits including, H&W, disability, wellness, and retirement programs, ensuring they are competitive and efficient to help attract and retain our talent. You will build strong relationships with all key internal stakeholders as well as manage relationships of external partners to assure quality service of all benefit plans remain in line with the company strategy. Perform a broad scope of activities including researching, analyzing, and setting the strategy for our H&W, disability, retirement, and all other general benefit programs.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the creation and evolution of our short- and long-term benefit strategy for the US and Canada.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of all aspects of the organization: vision, mission, values, business objectives, economic drivers, organizational structure, and culture. Ensures all benefit programs are aligned to the greater total rewards strategy.
- Monitor costs of benefit programs and recommend efficiencies and alternatives. Oversee the tracking and reconciliation of applicable benefit costs and other related expenses.
- Develop and deliver recommendations and presentations to plan governance committees (Investment Committee, Retirement Committee, Finance Committee etc.)
- Recognize and advise on trends and developments on all benefits. Provide direction and advice regarding current as well as new and improved programs, policies and procedures to support our strategy.
- Partner with external stakeholders to influence and negotiate healthcare offerings.
- Lead various benefits projects including due diligence and consult on the process of integrating benefit plans as a result of acquisitions
- Assist with preparation and analysis of RFP processes as needed to include development of specifications, summaries, experience data and analysis of responses
- Participate in industry wide benefit surveys
- Work with team, consultants, vendors and legal counsel to ensure all benefits are in compliance with all applicable legislation, including but not limited to: ERISA, 409(a), FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, SOX, COBRA.
- In collaboration with the benefit operations team, you will be responsible for applicable benefits-related vendor management to ensure benefits remain aligned and are able to support our long-term strategy.
- Collaborate with the benefit operations team and oversee all communications for various channels (web, print etc.) for all our benefit programs and ensure they align to our overall strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- BA or BS degree in Human Resources or Business Management
- Requires a minimum of 5 - 8 years of benefits experience. Benefits certification a plus.
- Healthcare and 401(k) plan administration background are essential along with working knowledge of various regulations impacting benefit programs and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and create a roadmap for our benefit programs
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, problem-solve, develop strong relationships, influence significant decisions, and manage change
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee benefits in US and Canada.
- Must be motivated, detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills. (Attention to detail a must)
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong communication (oral and written) and stakeholder management
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html