Show All Results
Expert safety medical writer
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Position- - Safety Medical Writer
Job Location - Electronic City - Bangalore
- Support Global Patient Safety (GPS) Safety Scientists and Safety Strategy Leads with regards to safety medical writing (SMW) activities.
- Assist senior staff in developing sections of a wide range of pharmacovigilance documents including but not limited to various Periodic Safety Reports, Signal Evaluation Reports, Safety Strategy and Core Benefit-Risk Documents, Risk-Management Plans, Patient Safety Narratives and Health Hazard Reports.
- Responsible for proofreading, building and populating tables and drafting appendices.
- Produce high quality, accurate and fit-for purpose documents with clear conclusions.
- Effectively and clearly communicate technical, medical, and scientific information in critical submission and internal PV documents in order to deliver high quality reports within the specified timelines.
- Performs quality control of SMW deliverables for data accuracy, consistency, editing, and ensuring alignment with the processes, templates and regulations.
- Participate in meetings related to key PV activities.
- Collaborate cross functionally for continuous improvement of standards and best practices for medical writing
Who you are:
- Graduate degree or equivalent job experience with comprehensive pharmacovigilance knowledge of theories, principles and concepts, MD/PhD or advanced science degree.
- Excellent written and spoken English (including medical terminology) with a familiarity with AMA style guide.
- Profound pharmacovigilance experience (3 to 5 years’ experience in drug/patient safety) required.
- Demonstrated experience in Periodic Safety Reports of interpretation & presentation of aggregate safety data.
- Strong knowledge of regulations and guidelines (FDA, EMA, ICH, EU GVP, etc.).
- Experience in working in electronic document management systems (EDMS), signal management and benefit-risk assessment is beneficial.
- Proven experience in ability to consistently produce documents of high quality and express complex data in a concise and easy-to-read way.
- Comprehensive experience in working in cross-functional, global teams, across different regions and time zones.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning; readily adapts to changes.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html