Show All Results
Process Engineer I
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Process Engineer I will support the manufacture and testing of high purity filters with a focus on quality, process control/improvements, electro-mechanical assembly and material handling.
- Maintain efficiency and upkeep of manufacturing equipment through troubleshooting techniques.
- Identify and improve yield loss and scrap opportunities.
- Develop and recommend new testing processes and technologies to achieve cost effectiveness and improved product quality.
- Establishes operating equipment specifications and improves manufacturing techniques.
- Develops manufacturing processes that demonstrate levels of statistical control.
- Validates new equipment and process changes.
- Develops and/or implements systems improvement projects and supports maintenance and production groups in resolving technical and engineering issues.
- Provides process on assigned Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA).
- Reviews capital equipment fabrication activities to ensure manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, regulatory safety standards, and user requirements.
- Develop cost estimates, obtain quotes, and generate capital requests to support new processes and capital equipment purchase.
- Lead and participate in Equipment and Process Validations activities per Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) regulations for Medical Device manufacturing.
- Ensure that product quality features meet product specifications and comply with process validation requirements.
- Facilitate training for individuals involved with the operation and maintenance of processes and equipment introduced to the manufacturing department.
- Generate engineering procedures and review/approve manufacturing standard operating procedures.
- Develop validation protocols and reports in support of cGMP requirements.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering and 1+ year(s) of experience in a regulated industry supporting automated or manual assembly processes.
- Alternatively, Employer is willing to accept a Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering & no prior work experience in a regulated industry supporting automated assembly processes, production, and quality department activities.
- Instrumentation and PLC / code knowledge a plus
- Lean 6 Sigma experience with green or black belt preferred.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html