Show All Results
Principal Device Engineer
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for electrical characterization and device understanding to develop electronic device solutions. The candidate must have demonstrated hands-on experience in device integration and electrical/physical characterization of semiconductor devices. Problem solving attitude and strong teamwork skills are required for the development of leading-edge solutions in collaborative development partnerships.
- Lead integration and device engineers to integrate and test semiconductor devices.
- Use device characterization experience to build specific e-test protocols for different technologies under scoping to meet customer device specifications.
- Help in building physical understanding to explain e-test results and optimize device stack/architecture accordingly.
- Collaborate actively with process engineers and the integration team to improve yield and process uniformity and solve critical issues related to device integration.
- Manage data pipelines and databases.
- Work closely with other process, integration, materials, and hardware engineers to timely implement critical activities and act as team player.
- Analyze highly complex issues and drive to resolution
- Influence and Impact technical direction and strategic decisions in the device characterization and test vehicle integration
- Acts as a senior advisor for the team and mentor engineers with the team and beyond.
Who You Are:
- PhD in electrical engineering, semiconductor physics or material science and 2+ years’ professional experience
- Masters degree in electrical engineering, semiconductor physics or material science and 5+ years’ professional experience
- Proficiency in electrical test tools, scripting of measurements, and data processing.
- In-depth knowledge of standard electrical test methods and procedures to measure fundamental properties of semiconductor devices
- In-depth knowledge of device physics (e.g., CMOS, FLASH, emerging non-volatile memory technologies)
- Familiarity with one or more semi-integration flows and associated challenges (e.g., 3DNAND, DRAM, Logic)
- 5+ years’ experience in semiconductor industry
- Confirmed experience working on device integration and product development (e.g. test vehicle development experience is preferred)
- Proven hands-on lab experience with design of e-test experiments, scripting and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with coding language (e.g., C++, Python, LabVIEW) and software for data analysis/simulation (e.g. MATLAB, JMP)
- Self-motivated, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in customer interaction
- Experience leading cross functional teams with or without direct reports
Pay range for this position – 69,800- 209,400
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html