Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Our Process Engineer is expected to be the single point of contact for manufacturing support of chemical purification processes running 24/7. Responsibilities include ensuring all safety and quality standards are upheld, monitoring process data real-time, troubleshooting production problems, initiating and executing continuous improvement projects, updating system documentation, and coordinating preventative maintenance activities.
- Act as Engineering Point of Contact for production operations ensuring systems meet quality, safety, and capacity targets.
- Take a lead role in troubleshooting equipment, process, or quality abnormalities using knowledge in process chemistry, thermodynamics, and hydraulics.
- Develop best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Direct plant operators and maintenance technicians under safety work permits to troubleshoot, repair and/or optimize purification, packaging, and container processing systems.
- Review and update process and operation documentation using Management of Change process.
- Ability to influence cross-functional team members in the face of competing priorities.
- Participate in RCA (Root Cause Analysis) activities for production failures and safety incidents and interfaces with peers in their troubleshooting efforts.
- Work with Controls Engineers to modify control logic to sustain and optimize existing production systems.
- Design and specify process equipment for system upgrades and new capital projects.
Who You Are:
- B.S. Degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
- 5+ years overseeing systems in a chemical manufacturing site or hazardous chemical lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Demonstrated safety focus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on approach
- 1+ years of experience in a chemical manufacturing site
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and teamwork abilities to support a diverse environment
- Experience in distillation, sublimation, adsorption, and process control automation
- Experience with plant instrumentation and automated production processes
- Ability to read a P&ID (Piping & Instrumentation Diagram)
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals
- Experience with process hazard analysis/reviews
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html