Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting, fabrication, integration and installation of various electrical and process control instrumentation systems in a chemical manufacturing environment. Ensure the operational readiness of facilities infrastructure and manufacturing equipment from an electrical and controls perspective. The Electrical and Instrument Technician II is expected to perform these tasks in an efficient and safe manner. This role is also expected to work under minimum supervision and will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Lead Technician.
- Execute Preventive and Corrective maintenance tasks related to the electrical and process control aspects of: site safety systems; site regulatory compliance systems; facility infrastructure and production manufacturing systems.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly inspection checklists as assigned.
- Ability to take an electrical schematic, develop the BOM, procure the parts, fabricate and wire system per schematic and successfully commission and start-up the system.
- Troubleshoot, test and repair process electrical equipment and process control systems.
- Ability to develop electrical schematics and process control diagrams for existing manufacturing systems where that documentation is missing or incomplete.
- Provide design and logic feedback regarding electrical and process control improvements for new and existing manufacturing process systems.
- Participate in the On-Call rotation for after-hours response.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- 3 - 5 years experience working as an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician in a Facilities/Maintenance department of an industrial or manufacturing company.
- Must be able to work off-shifts, weekends and additional hours as required.
- Must know how to use basic hand and power tools.
- Must know how to use basic electronic test equipment.
- Must be able to qualify physically to wear an air purifying respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Strong safety focus.
- AS degree or other certifications in related field desirable.
- Ability to organize thoughts to complete a Job Safety Analysis or Pre-Task Safety Assessment.
- Working understanding of energy isolation.
- Ability to read/interpret electrical schematics, single line, three line and ladder diagrams.
- Ability to read/interpret instrument and electrical control schematics and P&IDs.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform tasks that require moderate physical activity over short periods of time.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NEC or NFPA 70.
- Possess basic computer skills (e.g. use of Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Possess basic skills to use manipulate drawings in a CAD software program such AutoCAD Electrical
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html