Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
A Scientist in Viral Clearance you will design and deliver Viral Clearance validation studies for biopharmaceutical companies across the APAC region. Within the Life Science Services team, you will have scientific expertise in Viral Clearance with understanding of biopharma downstream processing (chromatography, virus filtration and low pH/chemical inactivation) and virology. You will ensure projects are carried out with the appropriate scientific and regulatory compliance oversight, and provide your scientific expertise to support investigations and client meetings. Your responsibilities will include reviewing proposals, acting as study director/QPCR scientist on GLP studies, reviewing and monitoring assay performance and lead scientific trouble shooting discussions during investigations. You will also have the technical expertise to advice and support GLP / GMP operations and audits, and you will maintain an in-depth understanding of Contract Testing Services and technical principles as well as advances in the field. The ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients (external) and development services, project management, sales and laboratory personnel (internal) will be critical for success in the role.
What You Do:
- Acts as a study director or QPCR scientist for viral clearance validation studies and as such holds responsibility for the overall conduct of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) studies
- Plans, organises and prioritizes workload to make sure resources are used efficiently and effectively to complete tasks and activities
- Works within the viral clearance laboratory areas providing hands-on support, training, guidance and mentorship to laboratory-based personnel on the areas of virology, cell culture, chromatography & filtration, as required whilst ensuring routine and complex client studies are completed on time, to the appropriate scientific and regulatory standards
- Leads by example, acts as subject matter expert, offers scientific coaching and mentoring to other staff members
- Responds to audit observations through the BioReliance Integrated Quality System (Trackwise)
- Raises and progresses deviation and Corrective or Preventative Action (CAPA) records in a timely manner
- Works with Development Services and/or the Commercial team to review proposals
- Designs, directs and leads complex projects related to area of operational expertise
- Writes protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and workbooks for projects and raise and progress Change Control for new service introduction
- Reviews and authorizes study documentation and other technical / scientific documents, such as amendments
- Responsible for maintenance and scientific integrity of routine and non-standard assays methods by monitoring assay performance and advising and implementing on improvements where necessary
- Writes and approves safety and quality risk assessments as and when required
- Leads process improvements within the laboratory to improve quality and performance
- Acts as scientific consultant to support departmental investigations, client product queries, supplier audits and client/regulatory inspections
- Ensures all assays/ processes are in a validated state in line with current regulations
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment at all times by not only complying with but actively embracing health and safety policies and procedures to ensure the welfare and safety of self and others within the workplace
Who you are:
- Master’s degree in Biological Sciences or higher degree in relevant scientific subject
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a scientific laboratory role
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a regulated environment (GLP/GMP) preferred
- Demonstrable scientific understanding of protein purification in the biopharmaceutical industry (filtration & chromatography)
- Experience of working in Biosafety Level 2 laboratory
- Prior experience in cell culture and/or virology would be advantageous
- Knowledge & understanding of GLP / GMP regulations and guidelines on Viral Safety Assurance.
- Knowledge of protein purification and downstream processing, with hands-on experience with lab-scale chromatographic systems preferred.
- Computer literacy in GMP systems (LIMS, ELN and Trackwise).
- Demonstrates customer centricity through effective communication and provides the information people need to know to do their jobs
- Has strong organizational skills with the ability to use available resources effectively
- Uses logic to solve complex problems and can troubleshoot effectively with professional and technical skills
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Puts safety first by adhering to health and safety procedures and actively takes necessary action when encountering unsafe situations
- A team player, cooperative and encourages collaboration
- Communicates effectively with others and handles conflict effectively
- Ability to work overtime or flexible shifts from time to time to cover testing requirements
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html