Show All Results
Product Specialist, Hybrid
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The EMD Electronics, Delivery Systems and Services (DS&S) business provides GASGUARD® specialty gas delivery equipment, CHEMGUARD® and VaporGuard® liquid chemical delivery equipment, POLYFLOW™ slurry delivery and Part Clean/Carrier Clean equipment and associated turnkey installation and services to our customers globally.
As DS&S Specialty Gas Equipment Product Specialist you will report to our Senior Product Manager for GASGUARD® specialty gas delivery equipment and you will be an integral part of the success for this product line. You will be able to grow your product management skills while assisting the Senior Product Manager with the development & implementation of market plans and product line strategies. Key focus will be leading specific tasks and projects associated to the specialty gas product lines. You will help influence and focus a cross-functional team on tactical execution that benefit the regional and global businesses with real P&L impacts,
This is a great opportunity to solve complex problems in a thriving, growing, organization.
As part of the Specialty Gas Equipment Product Specialist role, you will be accountable for tasks such as:
- Assist with business continuity planning (BCP), materials forecasting & a robust, multi-layer supply chain for all BOM components and technology transfer across our global sites
- Run specific projects related to product line improvements around safety, quality, reliability, and efficiency as well as cost-down initiatives
- Work within matrix organizations, network across multiple functional teams such as Engineering, Procurement, Production, and various levels of leadership
- Lead and coordinate production plans and schedules for revenue projects and outsource manufacturing
- Communicate to all team members
- Hybrid role located in Tempe, AZ.
- Travel up to 25% mostly domestic with occasional international
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or technical discipline and 2+ years of successful project / execution management or experience in a commercial, customer-facing role (B2B)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with either 6 months of Project management or customer facing internship experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or 1+ years of experience working in a project management role
- Focused, self-motivated entrepreneur who can identify improvement opportunities through the daily noise and who can anticipate while also being adaptable
- Additional commercial education (e.g., MBA or Business Degree w/ technical background) is a plus
- Project management certification is a plus (PMP or other)
- Curiosity to understand industry market trends and competitive factors that will be used to develop growth strategies for the DS&S portfolio, with the desire to grow into a product management role over time
- Strong technical interest on mechanical and / or electrical systems
- Strong business prioritization, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to see the bigger picture while handling and diving into the details when necessary
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge of the semiconductor industry
- Understanding of specialty gases and related delivery equipment
- Some product management experience, exposure, and / or training certification
- Strong communication and presentation abilities, including in English
- Skills obtained through military partnerships
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html