Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Our experts collaborate with the world's leading drug developers to help bring lifesaving and life-enhancing drug therapies to patients, faster. We are looking for a skilled colleague to strengthen our Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) team within the Process Solutions Division. The position is home-based in either Belgium or The Netherlands. As a Biomanufacturing Engineer you partner with pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical drug developers and manufacturers as the industry application expert, sharing and applying your in-depth technical expertise and knowledge in the downstream processing of therapeutic molecules. You are a trusted partner for our customers in the development, scale-up, implementation, technology transfer and troubleshooting of downstream processes and unit operations for the manufacturing of therapeutic molecules. You will actively apply your expertise to our extensive technology portfolio in collaborative projects with pharmaceutical customers at various drug development phases. You will establish partnerships with scientists and engineers at our customers and select regulatory agencies, working towards finding and implementing flexible manufacturing solutions. You will work towards publishable outcomes of your collaborations, present at conferences, and establish industry standard processes in the processing and purification of therapeutic molecules. Your manager will be the Director of MSAT Downstream Processing for a sub-region within EMEA, including Benelux. You will cooperate with the commercial team to build strong credibility with our pharmaceutical customers in this region. You will contribute to helping to solve some of the toughest problems in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Who you are:
- Educated to a Masters, Engineering or PhD degree either in Chemical / Biochemical Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, Biotechnology or Biochemistry (with proven hands-on experience)
- Have minimum 3 years’ proven experience in downstream processing and purification of therapeutic molecules. Scale-up, manufacturing and/or regulatory knowledge is considered as an asset.
- You thrive on curiosity and collaborative approaches and have great interpersonal capabilities to build effective partnerships with internal and external partners.
- You possess excellent skills in presenting scientific findings at conferences.
- You have a strong technical problem-solving approach with an ability to coordinate multiple tasks and tight schedules in a highly dynamic environment while maintaining focus and customer-centricity.
- You are proficient in English and, ideally, in Dutch or French.
- You are flexible and willing to travel for 30-40% of the time within Benelux mainly.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html