Show All Results
Associate Production Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is immediately hiring for Associate Production Scientists for our team in Madison, WI and Verona, WI! This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
*** $5,000.00 Sign-on Bonus for 3rd and 5th Shifts! ***
Benefits to working with our team include:
- Comprehensive, paid, on the job training program that allows our employees to quickly learn critical technical skills to excel in this role and rapidly progress in their careers.
- Significant tuition reimbursement available!
- Excellent benefits including 5 weeks of paid time off per year!
The Associate Production Scientist is primarily focused on safe and efficient manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API’s) according to current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) requirements. This role is lab-based and primarily focused on executing required production operations to support the end users and patients of the compounds produced at MilliporeSigma. These responsibilities include but are not limited to executing existing production procedures, updating supporting documents, and maintaining the safety and quality of the manufacturing environment. Additional responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating proper lab safety practices, and work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Functioning as a Primary Operator for a single group of GMP Production areas (i.e. Kilo Labs).
- Draft preliminary reports detailing deviations from written procedures and potential contributing factors.
- Utilize and provide minor updates to a variety of written procedures, including operating procedures with assistance from a supervisor or SME.
- Help to identify and immediately correct equipment, process, and safety issues in the lab.
- Mentor new employees by performing supplemental technical and on the job training.
- Participate in a team-based, multi-shift manufacturing environment by actively engaging in inter-shift communication and maintaining high quality in-lab housekeeping.
- Take independent ownership over a departmental support responsibility.
- Engage in personal and professional career development through active participation in development objectives.
- Provide departmental support through additional tasks as directed by department leadership.
- 1st - Monday - Friday 6:30am-3:00pm
- 2nd - Monday - Thurs 1:00pm - 11:30pm
- 3rd - Monday - Thurs 10:00pm - 7:30am
- 4th - Friday - Sunday 6:30am - 7:00pm
- 5th - Friday- Sunday 6:30pm - 7:00am
- Working with highly potent / hazardous materials
- Standing for long periods of time
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds with the assistance of equipment or teammates
- Utilizing proper personal protective equipment which could include but is not limited to; respiratory protection such as dust masks, half/full face respirators, supplied air, etc., and full body protection such as disposable coveralls, hazmat suits, etc., MilliporeSigma issued work uniforms and Lab Coats
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other Life Science discipline
- Ability to read and understand written protocols.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft Office and Outlook tools, Electronic Document Management Systems, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Able to operate hand tools, calculators, and weighing / measuring devices
- Strong mathematical skills
- Possess a high degree of internal motivation
- Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html