Show All Results
Scientist - Organic Chemistry
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking a Scientist to join BBSM multidisciplinary team within MilliporeSigma's Life Science Chemistry business area. This role will be part of a product manufacturing team focused on synthesis of small organic molecules and reference standards for the life science research market. This position is based in Burlington, Massachusetts.
As an integral part of our team, Scientist will collaborate with our partners in Marketing, Procurement, and Packaging; innovate solutions through chemistry; and create and deliver quality products. The Scientist will have a high-quality standard for accuracy, in following good laboratory practice, and in complying with all safety regulations.
- Perform general manufacturing duties
- Solve problems in existing synthetic procedures
- Provide technical support in field of expertise
- Develops protocols, policies, and procedures
- Establish credibility as individual contributor and work as a team to achieve goals, including meeting deadlines and productivity markers
- Execute appropriate on-line and literature searches in support of assigned work and/or troubleshooting
- Interpret spectral and other analytical data for structural elucidation and support of interpretation of process outcome
- Problem solving and troubleshooting in support of departmental or plant operations
- Present scientific rationales for unexpected experimental outcomes including out-of-specification products
- Create appropriate validation and qualification documentation for new processes and equipment, assist in development of SOPs within the ISO 9001 framework
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medicinal, Organic, or other Chemistry field
- Master’s or PhD Degree
- Experience in organic or medicinal chemistry
- Knowledge of advanced synthetic organic methods, analytical methodologies, medicinal chemistry, or biochemistry
- Execute projects with independence
- Basic knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and DEA regulations
- Write and develop protocols and procedures with minimal supervision
- Ability to suggest project/process improvements; understand how individual schedules impact department/project performance
- Basic knowledge of computers and software in laboratory environment
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Interpersonal and organizational skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html