Show All Results
Thin Films Engineer
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
EMD Electronics in Carlsbad, CA is seeking a Thin Films Engineer who will lead teams in the execution and quality of thin films materials to major semiconductor customers globally.
- Lead cross-functional teams in resolving technology issues
- Lead investigations to root cause and manage cross-functional teams in implementation of preventative/corrective or mitigation actions to ensure world-class quality
- Be the voice of the customer to the site
- Support the Site Quality Manager in maintaining Thin Films quality performance and efforts toward continuous improvement
- Ensure disciplined approach to process controls tools to ensure (e.g. SPC reviews) quality, identify continuous improvement opportunities, and variation reduction
- Identify and enable automation activities to make decisions faster and improve visibility to unknown variable/issues
- Be key voting member to disposition discrepant material, identifying gaps in the process, and managing cross-functional teams to implement controls to prevent/reduce variation
- Lead, engage, and support audits of the sites processing and quality systems
- Contribute to the advancement of global quality related projects and process improvements with Lean and/or Six Sigma or data-driven process optimization projects
- Contribute to the Level Up Quality Roadmap for the site.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, or other Scientific, Engineering, or Technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience in chemical manufacturing, process engineering, control engineering, analytical chemistry, or semiconductor fabrication
- Moderate to Advanced Statistical knowledge (SPC, t-test, ANOVA, single and multivariate statistical modelling)
- Experience in quality tools for problem solving (5Whys, segmentation, Model Based Problem Solving), FMEAs, continuous improvement (CI) activities, management of change, and document control systems
- Proficient with data science/statistical software including JMP, Palantir Foundry, and/or visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience with process improvement, data automation, and data digitization
- Experience within Semiconductor industry (preferably in fab process engineering)
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or other relevant certification
- Experience with ISO9001 Quality Management Systems
- ISO9001 or IATF 16949 Internal Auditor Certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- SAP experience
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and work collaboratively with multiple internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in contributing to the advancement of projects, project teams, and process improvements
- Demonstrated experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma projects or in data-driven process optimization projects
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple activities and projects
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options. As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the following information: https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/faqs.html